It was a big day here! Ryan was awake at 4:30 this morning, not because he was excited for school, but so that he could play the Wii. Go figure! It didn't matter to me. It took his mind off his first day and kept him from getting nervous.
I made the boys a pancake and egg breakfast and they ate it up. That made me happy as I like getting a good breakfast into them before school. Ryan doesn't do well on an empty stomach - he gets very cranky. At 7:10 we were ready to head out to the van and drive to the bus stop.
 |
| Ma (our driver), Ryan, Nicholas and the School Bus Driver |
 |
| Ryan sat down and put his backpack under the seat in front of him:). |
Tim and I drove to the school, getting there quite a bit earlier than the buses. We roamed around and got some pictures.
 |
| Coffee and School Supply Shop |
 |
| Ryan's Classroom |
We waited for the bus to arrive and the kids to get off. I thought there would be a lot of other parents there with us but we were the only ones. We walked the kids to class, got a couple pictures, then took off once they were settled.
 |
| The first time getting of the bus Ryan forgot to bring his backpack. |
 |
| Nicholas is happy to see his buddy, Troy, again. |
 |
| My littlest guy ready to start learning. |
 |
| Such a sweetie! |
So, what did I do with my first free day? Well, first we drove Tim to work then I went shopping at Metro for a few things. I met up with another mom there and gave her a drive back to her place. I came home and cleaned, did laundry, cleaned, ate lunch, cleaned then read for a while. A friend came over for a tea then a guy came to fix our internet that had stopped working yesterday (incidentally, shortly after the internet was fixed we lost our water again). Before I knew it, it was time to walk down to the bus stop and collect the kids. They were excited and chatty about their first day at school. Ryan got a lovely note from his teacher saying that he had a great first day, he is so polite and she is happy to have him in her class. I told the boys that I was so happy that they enjoyed their day and that I was so very proud of both of them. Nicholas told me that I should be most proud of Ryan because he did so great on his first ever school day. How sweet is that?
It is the beginning of a new chapter for us today and I couldn't be happier with how it went. We had no tears (not even from me!) and Ryan had no problem with us leaving him at school. He was ready. I'm so glad I kept him home for that extra year. I know it wouldn't have gone like that had we done this a year ago. It pays to be patient.
I've got even more cleaning to do (that's what happens when you leave for eight weeks) and I need to catch up with some friends. I'll do some blogging here and there when I have something interesting to say.
Have a great day!
Awesome photos Jan! They are so colorful! So glad to hear that all went so well with Ryan's first day at school and Nick was happy to get back with his friends also. The classrooms are beautiful! Actually the whole school is cool!
ReplyDeleteYou were smart to wait the year with Ryan, I wish I had done that with Stefan. He definitely wasn't ready for school and should have waited a year.
It is great that you will have some time now for you and the boys will have so many stories to tell you when they get home! And yes there is always cleaning...Ugh.. not one of my favorite things to do.
I hear some thunder! If this keeps up the golf course isn't the place for Ellery to be.
Well I have some DVD's of family photos to burn and photos to order so I must say bye for now. Thank you for the blog! Hugs to you all!
Love the pictures Jan! It is wonderful that the boys are so happy at school and so much easier for you that it went smoothly. Ryan is like a little sponge and will enjoy learning I am sure. I know Nick was a little excited to be getting back to see his friends. Their school is beautiful and so full of colour what a great learning place!
ReplyDeleteAunt Jennie is home from Edmonton and spent a week with us. We didn't do much but we had a good week anyway. She is flying back home on Tuesday.
Your Dad and I have been swimming this week, he managed to get there every day and I missed Thursday. He started out at 30 minutes and today we swam for 45 minutes. He will be getting an hour in before he knows it!
We had a good visit with Darren, Trish and the girls and a lovely birthday supper.
I have been very lazy today, did some reading and shortened one pair of pants for Stevie, only have four pair left to do, made lunch and supper and visited with Tracy and Stevie who are childless for a couple of days.
I just heard Carl come upstairs, this is his last night to work (I think) it soon will be time to start getting things ready for the winter.
Must go and get myself ready for bed, have a great day, hi to Tim and hugs to all!
Love you guys, take care.