I've been pretty slack with getting this blog done. Things have been quite busy here with soccer, school stuff, two days of kids being home sick, shopping, etc. But now it's Saturday night and I'm just sitting around so I thought I'd finally post a few photos from our eight weeks of summer in NS.
Last summer we were on the go a lot with a cruise and camping. This time we slowed things down a bit. It was still a little cold for camping (even in a trailer) the first couple weeks that we were there then my dad had hip replacement surgery. He's doing amazingly well with his recovery and can't wait to get back to work. I'm glad we were there to keep him company for the first month that he couldn't drive or go too far. It was nice spending so much time with him. Mom was around a lot as well since she wasn't too busy with work. The kids had a fantastic time roaming around the neighborhood with friends and riding bikes with Nanny. Fresh air, warm weather, barbecue and family - it doesn't get any better than that!
 |
| Our Beijing Airport restaurant |
 |
| Ready for the long flight! |
 |
| Ryan missed his Abbott. |
 |
| New bike! |
 |
| Nick taking part in a bike rodeo with his super cool bike jersey. |
 |
| Camping Breakfast |
 |
| He's gaining on you, Darlene! |
 |
| Paige, MacKenzie and Kaitlyn have a camp out in the trailer. |
 |
| Shubie Wildlife Park with Bumpy |
 |
| On our way to the Nova Scotia Royal International Tattoo. |
Ryan and Nicholas's birthdays are in October and November so they never get to celebrate with their cousins and friends from Nova Scotia. This year, we decided to have a summer party instead. I rented a pool for an hour and we invited some pals then had a barbecue at home. It was a lot of fun.
 |
| Ryan loves his buddy, Drew. |
 |
| He loves cousin Brett, too! |
 |
| Bumpy and Nanny going down the water slide! |
 |
| Our pool crew! |
 |
| Such a colorful group. |
 |
| Beautiful girls! |
 |
| My lovely siblings:). |
 |
| Barbecuing with my dad. |
The day after the pool party, Dad was off to the hospital for his surgery. It went really, really well and he's standing much straighter these days.
Since we didn't want to travel too far, we camped at Hidden Hilltop just outside Truro. It was great!
.JPG) |
| Ryan reading to Nick and Nanny. |
-001.JPG) |
| A little hot from playing on the bouncy pillow. |
-001.JPG) |
| Mom told us that she had $5 for the first person who got a hole in one. This was the 2nd hole! |
-001.JPG) |
| Mom paying Ryan. |
-001.JPG) |
| Bouncy pillow! |
-001.JPG) |
| Cousins! |
-001.JPG) |
| Ari, our camping cat. |
-001.JPG) |
| Dad had an entourage every time he tried to have a catch with Nick. |
The boys and I made an overnight trip to Port Medway to see our buddies. It was a lot of fun!
 |
| Tina & Olivia |
 |
| Glen & Emmett |
 |
| Bumpy giving Nick lessons on mowing the lawn. |
 |
| Nanny and Nick:). |
As you can see we had a wonderful summer. Now we're looking forward to seeing everyone at Christmas.
Great post Jan and how I wish it was still summer. It was a good summer and we sure had lots of fun. The girls found it a little different when they were back the end of August. It won't be long before you are back for Christmas.
ReplyDeleteYour dad and I are still swimming, although both of us had a few days off I think we will be going pretty steady from here on in, he enjoys it ......I think.
It is pretty quiet around here, and for the first time in 11 years the boys are not coming to our place after school. I miss them and find myself listening for Kenzie to come in the back door.
Your mom and dad stopped in while they were out walking, I was weeding the flower bed by the pool so your mom pitched in and did some too. I tried to get your dad to move on without her so she could continue weeding but he couldn't be talked into going.
Well Jan, must go and get my bag ready for swimming and get ready to for bed so when the time comes I just have to jump in.
Hugs for the boys, and you guys take care.
I am very late at reading this blog Jan, we have been so busy and I haven't been at the computer very much. That will soon change though cause once we get the rink finished and ready for another season that will put me into my hockey photo time and then I am at my computer most of the time until March!
ReplyDeleteI also helped Donna organize her old apartment to move into Gramp's place. At some point Tricia is moving into Donna's apartment. You know there is always something to do if I want to do it. I am never, ever bored!
It has also been awesome to have Verna and Randy in the trailer park these last few weeks. We have spent so much time together. Randy is also working with Ellery and with Stefan now working more than full time Ellery was on his own. It is great to have the help. Verna has also been over helping us. They still haven't found a house but still looking. They are also enjoying their time in the mini home. It has been a busy year and a half for them with their home listed to sell and now that it has sold they are taking a little break. I am selfish and would love for them to stay in the mini home but they insist on buying a house ;-)
I must tell you how excited I am to have the beautiful notes from the boys! They are so sweet! Darlene gave them to me and they are awesome. I am writing notes back to them. It will probably take a month for them to get them but I will send them out in the mail anyhow. Could you give them each a big "Thank You" hug for me and tell them I am excited to see them at Christmas and that I am looking forward to having them here for good! They did an amazing job printing their letters!
Well must go and get ready for work. Darlene and I are painting the hall and dressing rooms today so I better get busy.
Love to you all! XXXOOO