Sunday, February 20, 2011

So my guess was a little off...

We are still here in Nova Scotia and it is looking like we will be for another two to three weeks.  I think the Chinese New Year slowed things down a little bit on the Shenyang end of things.  They have our paper work there now and judging by others' experiences they should be done with it within another week or so.  After that everything is sent to us, then to Ottawa for a couple of days, then back to us.  At that point we should be ready to book our flights for the following week.  So it looks like we will be enjoying the snow for a bit longer.  Hooray (sarcasm)!

In the meantime I am enjoying learning Mandarin using the Rosetta Stone online course offered by Michelin.  I have also realized that when I have time on my hands and too much to think about, I spend money.  Not such a good thing since I am no longer working.  On the positive side I have gotten some great deals on things that I probably don't really need and now have more stuff to pack.

Tim is spending Sunday to Friday of every week in Bridgewater learning about the machine he will be working on in Shenyang.  We had intentions of going to visit him for a couple of days last week when a stomach flu took hold of our household and put an end to that.  We will try again this week since we don't want him getting too comfortable lonely at a hotel by himself for five days at a time.

Also I should mention that my lovely Aunt Sheryl is hosting a going away potluck supper for us on Sunday, March 6 at 4pm.  It will be great to be able to see everyone one last time and say our goodbyes!

3 comments:

  1. Jan, you are very right ont he Chinese New Year part and you can thank your lucky stars you didn't book to get here just before hand. It's made things on this end take longer and people are in the hotel longer because of it. So with coming in March things wil be much better for you! If you want to ship wanything over before hand just let me know. I'm more than happy to hold it until you are here. It's nice to have a few extra things before your shipment arrives! We should skype video again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheila! I will keep the offer in mind and will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are starting to come together for you guys. My house has been full of the flu bug for some time, too ... I hate this time of year!

    You must be pretty psyched by now with the waiting.

    Hang in there, kiddo ... it'll be here soon enough.

    Take care!

    D

    ReplyDelete