Sunday, March 27, 2011

Practicing!

Yesterday Tim got us some sushi and rice for lunch and he and the boys practiced their chopsticking skills.  Tim had it pretty quickly but the Nicholas and Ryan will need to work on it a little more.  They were very eager to try though.  They are hoping that in China there will be shorter, kid-sized chopsticks.  I have tried and can't seem to get the hang of it so I am going to wait for someone in China to show me how to do it properly.  In the meantime, I will be carrying plastic forks in my purse!





3 comments:

  1. Good Idea sushi for lunch! Tim will get lots of practice at work eating with chopsticks :) They do have smaller chopsticks for children In China. Jan, be prepared for feeling like celebrities...your little blonde haired boys are adorable, and the Chinese will probably want their kids pictures taken with them. See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man ... they are so grown up!

    Best of luck to you guys. Safe traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only seen 3 kinds of chopsticks here. One is th enormal kind, one is a very strange learning kind and the last are cheaters. I wish I had thought to buy you a few pair of cheaters last weekend. I don't see them often.

    ReplyDelete