Sunday, February 17, 2013

Dinosaur Mini Golf

This morning, after a quick swim, we headed out for a tour. The plan was to get to Dino-Park Mini Golf when they opened at 10am but, as usual, things didn't go as planned. The owner of our villa had told me where the golf park was located so we went off in that general direction. Unfortunately we were on the road running parallel to the one we should have been on and missed it by quite a bit. After a stop at a tourist info centre for a map we found it with no problem. The boys were super excited and had a great time playing. The bugs weren't bad and there was a slight breeze so it wasn't too hot.

After golfing we walked to a nearby restaurant for lunch. It was pretty tasty. Better than what we had for take out on Friday but not fabulous. From there we decided that instead of going shopping for more groceries, we would just go home to swim. We were hot and tired. First though, Nicholas needed some swim goggles. We found a store along our route but in order to park I had to make a left turn and pull over. Tim went in and bought three pairs of goggles and we were off again, although on a different road. I figured we would make a couple right turns and be back on our way to the house. That didn't exactly happen and eventually we found ourselves on the road to the bigger town/city area. Since we were headed that way we decided to keep going just a little further to find a grocery store. An hour or so later, after driving in circles through construction and traffic, we finally found the Big C shopping centre. It was a pain and the kids were whining but in the end I was very glad we went. I was able to find my chocolate soy milk! The difficult part about eating the way I do is finding things to snack on or eat for breakfast. The restaurant food here is great for me - lots of seafood, meat, rice, veggies and rice noodles - but we don't want to eat out for every meal so it was nice to finally find some of the stuff I've been missing. Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate the ingredients (or blender) I need to make my milkshakes. I will just have to live without them for a bit.

After a couple more stops we finally made our way home but Ryan and I only stayed for a little while before going out again. We drove down to Rawai Beach to the waterfront area. I had read a review for a tiny restaurant there and decided to get some takeout for my and Ryan's supper, as I had ordered pizza for Tim and Nicholas. It was an interesting little place but unfortunately I didn't have my camera. We plan to go back though since my supper was much better than the pizza and it was really cool along the waterfront. I will make sure to get pics next time.

Although vacationing is awesome, there are always negative little things that a person forgets about from one visit to the next. For me, it's the mosquitos. Tonight we decided to sit outside and eat and within five minutes I had about six bites on my feet and legs. Tim had none. The kids have been getting some and the other night while I slept I received another five. They love me and the bites swell up like hives. The kids, too. We are now sleeping with bug repellent on (Muskol - the best!) and it is helping but boy do I ever hate mosquitos.

So, here are some pictures from today. Enjoy!











































































4 comments:

  1. Great pictures, as usual Jan. The mini golf looks amazing and I bet it is lots of fun. Hayden and Kenzie would love it as would Kait and Paige.

    There is no better way to get a tour of your surroundings than by getting lost. I imagine you will soon find your way around.

    Nice that you are able to find some of your favorite foods to eat, your meal looks yummy!

    I don't like mosquito bites either, like you and the boys mine swell up and they itch for days.

    Must go and get supper started, have a great day, take care.



    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, as I said on Face Book I love the photos of the mini golf course. They put a ton of work and money into that design. My boys would have also loved it. Actually they probably still would!

    I know what you are saying about food. It is very difficult for me at home here to get food that I can eat especially now that I am trying to go sugar and gluten free in order to balance the good and bad bacteria in my body. There is gluten in everything. But I do feel better eating this way. I guess for me the answer is whole foods unprocessed and not too much fruit.

    Those mosquitoes can be very annoying even if they don't bite the humming they make can be disturbing when you try to sleep. I don't get bitten often and I don't swell or get itchy when I do but Ellery does and they almost seem to get infected. I am too sour. They don't like me and that just suits me fine.

    We are having a blizzard today and last night were very strong winds and snow also. School is closed. The teachers at the rink yesterday predicted that as did Ellery. So the kids are loving the long weekend I am sure. It is very pretty outside though and I will have to get some photos when it stops.

    Well I must get my breakfast. Ellery always cooks me up some eggs in the morning and they are delicious so I will keep watching for the next 'episode' of your trip! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, Jan! My kids love dinosaurs, and I’m glad they were nowhere near me when I was reading your post or they’d be hollering at me to take them there. I’d probably have a hard time trying to get them down from the triceratops. I have to admit that I’m also a fan of mini golf, so it’s a win-win situation. :) Now, to find a place like that on this side of the world…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nita, for your comment. It certainly was an interesting golf course and we had a great time. Maybe you'll have to check it out...

      Delete