Ryan and I went for a nice bike ride in the "park" today. The place is so torn up right now you wouldn't recognize it as a park. I believe most of the work is for the China Games that are coming up in August and being held here in Shenyang. For the past year or more there has been a lot of construction going on around the city in preparation and it's exciting to see the improvements. There are about 146 days left until the games begin.
Since I'm on and posting pictures, I thought I'd include a few from last week. Some friends of ours told us about a new play place. We've been three times now and you can see why it's so much fun! Nick isn't too tall for this one yet.
Here is a video of Ryan enjoying the swings at another play place. He's quite the little acrobat, although I'm a bit biased.
We've also been enjoying a new favorite restaurant these past couple months. Hot pot has become popular with all of us, even the kids. They get involved by filling up the "hot pot" in the center of the table with the raw ingredients. The service at this place is awesome and the food is delicious.
 |
| I desperately need a haircut. |
The government has now turned off the heating so it is absolutely freezing in our apartment. We have auxiliary heat but are avoiding using it, choosing instead to dress warmer and use blankets. It's quite nice for sleeping and reminds us how lucky we are to have heat available all winter. I know there are lots of people here who don't. Also, entices me to do more dishes to warm up my hands.
That's about it for now. Have a great day everyone!
The new play place looks very bright and CLEAN!
ReplyDeleteAre you sure the park will be finished in time? I know looks can be deceiving, but it looks like they have an immense amount of work to do still!
Hi Lori! Good question. There is a lot of work to do but if there is one things they have lots of here in China, it's people. You wouldn't believe how many they can muster to get a job done. Although you can't see them in the few pictures that I took, they are there.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, the books I mentioned in my last post were the Virgin River series by Robyn Carr. I meant to answer you a few days ago. I'm finished the series now. It was pretty good!
Hi Jan, the park certainly doesn't look like a park but I'm sure it will be wonderful once it is finished. It looks kind of drab in China as it does here. Everything is so colorless but I know with spring good things will soon be blossoming everywhere.
ReplyDeleteThe play area looks like fun! Ryan is quite a little acrobat.
We are on our last weekend for ice hockey. It will be great for Ellery to have a break although Donna was saying today she won't know what to do with herself with the extra time and I'm sure Ellery will be a bit lost because it has been pretty steady for him all winter with Stefan gone. Scott has been very good to help out though.
Stefan is home for the weekend and is going on a ride along tonight with Truro Police and he always enjoys that.
When you mention heat, our heat is working in our house but I am still freezing. I think it is the dampness that keeps me chilly. We had some sunshine last week but it was still cold and I need a good dose of natural Vit. D. I hope our weather changes soon.
Well I think I will go up and see what Ellery is doing at the rink. Bye for now. Have a great day!