Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Merry Early Christmas!

We will soon be heading home for Christmas so I will take this opportunity to wish everyone out there a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Season's Greetings!  Everyone is super excited - not just for good food, presents and cheer - but to spend this Christmas season with our entire family.  Last year it was just the four of us here in Shenyang and although we had a good time, it wasn't quite the same.  Living abroad can really make you appreciate coming home.  There is nothing like that feeling of anticipation when you are walking off the airplane to the escalator, knowing that people are at the bottom waiting to see you.  This is especially true when those people are as happy and excited to see you as you are to see them.  The hugs, kisses, smiles and non-stop excited chatter from the kids, even after thirty hours of traveling, is indescribable and I never tire of experiencing it.  It makes living so far away worthwhile.

Enjoy your holiday season everyone!

Jan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan, you are back in China now and I just started checking your blog so I just read this post! It was so much fun to have you and the boys here for Christmas. I loved spending special time with all of you at Christmas. Both of our games nights were so much fun and I have some really great photos which I have to figure out how to share. I think you mentioned Photo Bucket and I will try and open an account with them or check to see if I already have one. Dev opened something for me so I am going to check with him. Hope you all have a wonderful January and February and then in March you are off again. Have fun and we miss you! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete