Thursday, January 9, 2014

Time To Say Goodbye

We arrived in Shenyang late on Friday night after a fabulous Christmas vacation.  The jet lag wasn't too bad this time, the kids adjusted pretty quickly but Tim didn't do so well.  I'm still having trouble staying up very late but at least I'm able to sleep through the night.  I think I could sleep all day too if I didn't have to be up at 6am.

I've been thinking about something for a while and this past Monday I acted on it.  I decided it was time to say "goodbye" to Ayi.  There are a lot of little reasons that cemented the decision but the main one is that I'm getting lazy.  I need to get off my butt before it gets any bigger.  I wasn't looking forward to telling her but she seemed to understand why I was doing it and even showed me how to care for my orchid that has five new buds before she left.  She I could call if I need her which is really sweet.  I felt awful for the day but relieved by the next for all the little reasons I had to let her go.  It's now been a week since she cleaned and the place is not a disaster.  I've also started a deep clean of the place, one room at a time.  I think this was a good decision.

Since we returned I've resumed planning our winter trip.  I had booked a house in Bali months ago but hadn't finalized any other details.  We had planned on visiting the city of Seoul on our way since we've been through several times but have never spent more than a night.  Then I got to thinking a bit more and decided that perhaps it would be better if we visited a city on my 'must see' list.  For Asia that list consists of two places - Hong Kong and Singapore.  So, Hong Kong it is!  We won't be going until March so I won't bore you with details just yet.

That's about all the news I have right now.  I will leave you with some pictures of our fabulous time in Nova Scotia.  Thanks to everyone, Mother Nature included, for making it such a wonderful visit and not having a single flight delayed or cancelled.  We are very lucky!

Correction:  I was going to upload pictures but I can't stay connected long enough to even get one on and I've got 85.  I'll try again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment