Since I am on my own this evening I decided to watch something Christmasy (spell checker doesn't like that word). I browsed Netflix and found the Radio City Music Hall Rockettes Christmas Spectacular and I am engrossed! It's a fantastic show and brings back some great memories for me. Three years ago, for my birthday (December 13th in case you want to send me a present:) my mom, her sister and I took off on short notice for New York City. We stayed in a beautiful apartment in Harlem, I had one of my most memorable birthdays and we got to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall. All this got me thinking of another past birthday that I spent in London (I got to see a very different kind of theater production that day, but that's a whole other blog post!) and the upcoming one that I will celebrate in China.
I don't have a bucket list, but I know there are lots of people that do. If you are one of those people and you haven't already added it, I would seriously consider putting "New York City in December" near the top of that list. You won't regret it. You don't have to be there for Christmas Eve or Day, just sometime in the three weeks before. It's incredible! For those who think it's way too expensive, don't be so sure. There are ways to do it on a budget. In the meantime, you can watch always watch the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular. They usually show it on PBS at this time of year. And while you're editing your bucket list, why not add London as well. It's another one you'll be glad you visited.
I must look for the Rockettes Christmas show on PBS, I haven't seen it advertised yet and I have never seen it.
ReplyDeleteMy Bucket List is very small and wouldn't take too far from home I'm afraid. But it is always nice to have something to plan for.
Hope you have fun at the Michelin Christmas Party. I am sure the boys will be excited.
Must go and get something for supper, Carl had dinner at lunch time and is having a sandwich for supper, think I might have some of my butternut squash soup there is just enough for one more serving but Carl got me another squash so will make some more tomorrow.
Hi to Tim and the boys, take care.
Jan I have such a huge bucket list that I don't think I will ever have enough time to do it all but I would really like to see New York and London both along with so many other places.
ReplyDeleteI am enjoying seeing different places through your eyes with your photos. Certainly places that I will never see.
Well must get ready for bed. Again bye for now!
Have a great day!