Last year we skipped Halloween. I don't care much for the holiday and since there wasn't anywhere to go trick or treating (that I knew of) it seemed pointless to have the boys dress up and sit at home. Before you start to feel too bad for the boys, they didn't even realize they had missed anything. This year though, our good friends Angie and Aaron hosted a Halloween Party and even set everyone up for a little trick or treating outside. I'm sure the Chinese neighbors thought we were a little crazy, but that's okay. It was a lot of fun.
One little note about the kids' costumes before you look at the pictures. Both Ryan and Nicholas dressed as Spiderman in pajamas, not costumes, for two good reasons (at least I think they are good reasons). First, when I tried to buy them costumes in Florida at Toys 'R Us, Nicholas wouldn't make a decision on what he wanted even though there were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mario and Luigi and many other cool things. Ryan flatly refused to wear a costume at all. Second, while in Nova Scotia I decided that I would buy them the Spiderman pajamas and at least they would have something for the party if they wanted to dress up and could also wear them to bed for a while afterward. Once we got back to China, Ryan looked at me one day and out of the blue said, in a bit of an irritated voice, "I guess I'll wear the Ninja Turtle costume". Ah, no you won't. It's a little late for that.
Anyway, both boys were happy in their Spiderman jammies and they had a fantastic time at the Halloween Party.
 |
| Me and my good friend, Wonder Woman |
 |
| Jessica loves Halloween and goes all out! |
 |
| Another good friend, Charlee The Mummy. Notice her little guy standing in front. He was pretty concerned about his mommy becoming a mummy. |
 |
| Fifteen little Trick Or Treaters |
 |
| A great group of girls! |
 |
| It was cold but quick with six "stations". |
 |
| Little Red Riding Hood treating the boys. |
Jan everyone looks like they are having so much fun! Even the adults participated. Angie and Aaron's home is huge. There certainly was lots of space for the party.
ReplyDeleteWe had 16 trick or treaters and I was pleased. Darlene, I think had 3 or 4 and Donna had 2 so I was excited with 16. I would have liked more but I really think Halloween is going out of style! It is actually one of my favorite special days and the boys and I always had so much fun with costumes and gathering treats.
Donna and I even dressed up and went out last year but I had hockey photos to take Halloween night and I wanted to be home for my 'guests'.
Anyway, glad you guys did it up right! Have a great day. ( I missed reading Calgary so I am going back to do that now)
Jan, what a party! Love your head piece and the little boys looked cute in their Spiderman PJ's. Sounds like it was a great time. I bet the boys won't forget about Halloween next year.
ReplyDeleteThe only trick or treaters I had were Hayden, Kenzie, Emma and Braden. We would have more if we were not so far out of the way, most people don't even know we are up here.
Well Jan, it is time for me to head back down stairs, have a great day.