Friday, December 7, 2012

Houseguest

Yesterday morning a new guest arrived in our house.  She will be staying for about a month and brought her own bed, food and toys.  This is Lucy:



She's a Bichon Frisé, I believe about six months old, and is a sweet little thing.  The boys are having a lot of fun with her and vice versa.  It will be an interesting month, I'm sure.  I'm really not a dog person but every once in a while I don't mind dog-sitting if it helps someone out.  Doing it reminds me of all the reasons I don't want the responsibility of a pooch, even if it is adorable:)

In other good news, we are getting our new refrigerator today!  It should come around lunch time.  When it arrives I'll get picture and post it.  This morning I am taking Nicholas to soccer in the cold, cold gym (it's -23C here this morning) then I get to go do a bit more Christmas shopping.  Tomorrow we won't be going anywhere since our driver wants the day off.

This has been an okay week, despite some sadness.  My good friend, Charlee, and her family left yesterday for good so we spent some time at her place on Wednesday afternoon then went to supper.  These goodbyes are no fun at all but I'm getting better at them.  Short and sweet seems to be best.

On Monday, when we woke up it was snowing and messy out and I waited for a message saying that school was cancelled but never got one.  So, I bundled up Nicholas and at 7 am Tim took him to the bus, which was late, and around 8:25 I finally did get a text message saying that school would be letting out early at 11:30.  I don't think Nick had even made it to the building yet.  At 11:20 or so, I looked outside to find clear skies and the sun shining.  It was really bizarre and probably just a bad decision on someone's part to not cancel school in the first place.  I know a lot of parents were upset and hopefully the school will learn from it for next time.

Nicholas and Ryan have thoroughly been enjoying their fancy advent calendars.  They haven't opened any extra doors, just the one they are supposed to each day and it's actually become an incentive for Nick to get out of bed every morning.  Here are the close up pictures I promised:




I must get ready for soccer!  So long...

3 comments:

  1. What a cute little houseguest - you will rethink your decision to ever get a dog with him in the house!

    The advent calendars are beautiful! We didnt do them this year, but we did last year at work. We had one with the chocolate and we'd take turns eating the days chocolate. It was silly, but fun still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Lucy is so cute. Nick and Ryan must be delighted to have her staying with you guys. They will miss her when she goes back home. I know what you mean about having a dog. I love our doggie because he belongs to Ellery and Sheryl. He still comes every day for treats and usually in the afternoon and at night and I always get a chance to hug and pet him when he will let me. Sometimes he comes in and climbs up on the sofa in our little room, usually when he is tired of waiting for Sheryl and can't get down stairs.

    Must be exciting to finally get your new refrigerator, will be watching for pictures.

    You will just have to remember all the happy times you spent with Charlee and her family, I am sure you guys will meet up again somewhere.

    We have the same problem here with school cancellation. As sure as they cancel it in the morning we get no snow, if they don't they wind up having to send the kids home early. That isn't always convenient for families when both parents work. I agree that they should cancel early morning, better safe than sorry.

    Love the advent calendars, I will have to find out where you got them and maybe order some next year for the kids. I always thought I would like to make them each one that they could have every year and I could just buy chocolates to put in them, one of the things on my to do list. I think of it every Christmas then promptly forget once Christmas is over.

    I have all my decorations upstairs now, and our tree is sitting on the deck. I am going to see if Stevie will set it up for me when they get back from Hayden's hockey game.

    Very mild here today, it was 8 when I went to Church this morning, starting to cool down a little now and we are supposed to have snow, freezing rain and rain tomorrow. Guess we shouldn't complain as we haven't had much cold yet and hardly any snow.

    Must go and get some work done, I have been a bit lazy today.

    You guys have a great day, hi to Tim and the boys and give that little puppy a snuggle for me.

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little dog Jan! Lucy would have a lot of fun with Jerry. He loves other dogs to play with. I'm sure the boys are enjoying their temporary house guest.

    Glad to hear you are getting your refrigerator. You will really appreciate the extra space for groceries.

    Sorry to hear Charlee has left but I'm sure you will keep in touch and since you love to travel you will probably get the opportunity to visit with her again.

    I love the advent calendars! My boys loved them when they were small even as they grew bigger they appreciated the goodies. Those ones are really neat.

    I have been busy all week with my photos and cards. I have 5 more teams to take before Christmas and then I am finished until the New Year. These photos I am taking now will probably not be ready for Christmas cause I am going to get my things done, cleaning, decorating, cleaning, presents, cleaning, my tree up... did I mention cleaning? Still lots to do.

    Well I have 2 teams to take tonight at 5pm so much go and get ready.

    Thanks for the photos! Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete