His birthday actually isn't until Tuesday, but today was the day of celebration. First, presents from us! We got Ryan some Lego Batman and, what every little boy needs, a new gun. He was very happy!
 |
| Brotherly Love |
Ryan wasn't interested in having a large party with a lot of kids, but wanted to go to an arcade and play place that we found about a month ago. Two adorable little friends of his and their parents joined us for a few hours of fun.
 |
| They're very serious about their game. |
 |
| Such a little monkey! |
 |
| Waiting for the balls to drop... |
 |
| Here they come! |
Afterward we all came back to our place for some cake and ice cream. Ryan had requested a baseball cake and I think it turned out pretty well. Our decorations were hockey but it all played into a sports theme. He even got a really nice baseball glove from Olivia and her mom and dad.
 |
| How cute are these four?? Olivia is one of Ryan's closest friends and Audrey, who is just two and a half, is quite enamored with him. |
 |
| He's a proud five year old! |
 |
| Audrey and her parents |
 |
| Tina and Olivia are fellow Nova Scotians |
 |
| I wonder what they were discussing. |
 |
| Me and My Little Boy |
 |
| What a couple of sweeties! |
All in all it was a great day and he was very happy with it. He's also excited to be five years old. My little boy is growing up:). This date also marks our being in China for two and a half years. Since Ryan was two and a half when we moved here, he has now lived half his life as an expatriate in China. How cool is that?
Really Cool!! I love the photos and can't believe Ryan is 5. Happy Birthday Ryan! You had an amazing birthday celebration. You have packed more into your 5 years than most people have in a lifetime!
ReplyDeleteEveryone had a great time and Jan the cake is done beautifully! You are very talented and it looks tasty too. Chocolate cake is my favorite but with boiled frosting. Not that I eat it anymore but I may have a piece someday for a treat.
Ellery and I went to the cottage this afternoon. Ellery has been very busy with the rink and I have helped as much as I could so it was a nice break to get over to walk on the beach. Ellery mows the grass but he doesn't like the beach anyhow. There has been so much sand wash up on our beach which was covered in rock just a month and a half ago. I also found lots of pieces of beach glass today. I collect heart shaped rocks over there too and found one today. I was just walking along when right in front of me was a huge dead seal. I didn't investigate I just turned and walked away. The crows were all flying around I think waiting for a meal. You never know what you are going to find on the beach. It was a little chilly but a beautiful sunny day so I took advantage and took a long walk.
The rink is rented tonight for the first time this year and Hayden was the first one to skate on the new ice. My hockey photos will be starting soon and that will keep me busy until April.
Well must go to bed. Bye for now and have a fun day tomorrow!
You were right Ryan, I saw the picture of your cake and it was fabulous! I can't believe that you are five already, you are growing up way too fast.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures Jan, the four little ones looked like they were having a wonderful time. The little girls are really cute, I bet the boys have a great time with them.
I am back swimming this week, it has been hit and miss since June and I find it difficult to get back into the routine.
The rink is starting to get booked and next week minor hockey starts so it will be really busy.
We are having our Thanksgiving Dinner on Sunday. Looks like we will have 15 for dinner. Darren and Trish are not coming down as her mom and dad are arriving at their place on Thursday. The girls don't know they are coming so they will be excited. Shawn and Lisa are going down to the farm so they won't be here either.
It was nice talking to you and Ryan tonight and we are looking forward to your visit in a couple of months. The time sure is flying by.
Must go and get ready for bed, give Nick a hug and Ryan a big birthday hug for me. Hi to Tim.
Love you guys, take care.
You look so happy and tan! Happy Birthday Ryan!!! How is everything going? Its been awhile since we talked, so I hope everything is going well. have you started planning your next adventure yet?
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lori. Things are going well here. Of course I've been planning:). I'll be blogging about the first one in a couple weeks. I hope all is well with you and the fam!
Delete