It's gradually turned to winter here in Shenyang and this past Monday we had our first snow! It wasn't a lot but enough to make traffic a mess and several accidents. On Tuesday Ryan and I ventured out to play.
He loves the snow and hates the sun while Nicholas is the opposite. He came home from school this week with this:
No wonder his favorite places are Florida and Thailand.
Ryan ended up having a bug of some sort this week and had a fever for three days. Up until then he eagerly, and surprisingly, decided to start signing Christmas/Chinese New Year cards for people back home. His printing is really coming along and he is excited to deliver the greetings when we get home. In two weeks!!!
We ended this week on an exceptionally high note. On Friday Nicholas was chosen as Student of the Month for lower elementary. Here is a video of him receiving his award:
He absolutely loves his school and teachers! He gets very excited about what they are learning and I couldn't be happier that he is enjoying it so much. On Thursday, for various reasons, he ended up coming home early from school while the other kids stayed for the afternoon. He was not impressed. In fact, he was downright annoyed and, for a while, angry to be home with us while his classmates got to learn. I won't do that again!
I should add that the reason he is wearing his pajamas at school is that his class was so well behaved they earned a "Positive Paw Party" and got to have a jammy day and watch a movie. Way to go first grade!
| Nicholas and his teacher |
Congratulations to Nick on his Student of the Month Award! Great job Nick. It is so nice Jan when they love school and want to learn, Nick is just like a sponge.....soaks everything up. You can tell him that I like his drawing and I know exactly how he feels.
ReplyDeleteWe had our official first snowfall on Sunday, there were lots of accidents because the roads were very slippery. The 104 was closed at the Onslow turnoff and someone said there was a twenty car pile up, a chain reaction. When Darren and Trish went through, there were two cars off the road and another on its side on fire. They drove out of it around Masstown and had clear roads and NO SNOW the rest of the way home.
Tell Ryan he is very smart to get his cards done early and I hope he is feeling better.
Love the photos and the video of Nick, he looks very proud and well he should be.
Tracy and I went shopping in New Glasgow today, we had a great day and it was nice to spend the time together, usually we have one of the kids or a husband with us.
Darren, Trish and girls plan to come down on the 17th of December for five days so they will be able to spend some time with the boys. Our kids will still be in school so I am hoping to take the girls swimming and maybe bowling and they will want to do some skating, maybe Nick and Ryan would like to join us.
Well Jan, must go and get Carl some supper; he is working downstairs and probably is getting hungry. I had a late lunch today so I won't be eating for awhile.
We are getting excited to see you guys in two weeks!!! Hugs for the boys, hi to Tim. Take care.