Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy City, Happy Day

After a restful night Ryan was up at seven this morning and I managed to get up with him even though I didn't go to bed until after midnight.  I guess I did catch up on some sleep this weekend.  We decided we'd go to Happy City for the boys to expend some energy and so Ayi would be able to clean without us being in her way. I did the pre-clean before she got here, picking up toys and any other items that needed to be put away, got the boys dressed then jumped into the shower.  When I got out Ayi was here already so I hurried to get ready, do laundry, blah, blah, blah and we were out the door shortly after ten.  We arrived at Happy City at 10:25 and didn't leave until...are you ready for this?...3:00pm!  Nicholas and Ryan played the whole time except for about the fifteen minutes I needed to go get myself some sushi and a few groceries and even then they were still running through the store.  While they played I studied my Chinese lesson book, played a word game on my iPod, at my sushi and for a while went in to play with them.  I had taken PB&J sandwiches and yogurt for them so they were very happy to stay there all day.  I still had to drag them out when I decided it was time to go and they even ran most of the way home.  I don't know what I would do with myself if I had the energy they do.  It makes me tired just thinking about it.

When we got home the place looked nice and clean but hot!  I got the air conditioning going while the boys had a bath then it was right into the pajamas.  We had a good supper and very soon they will be in bed, hopefully sleeping well from exhaustion.  Tomorrow morning I am going to attempt to get us all ready early enough to leave with Tim then, after dropping him off at Michelin, I will take Nicholas and Ryan for their blood test and physical exams (in theory).  Then I suppose I had better do something fun with them to make up for the needle.  I need to just go and get it done so they can get into the kindergarten.  Wish me luck!

I suppose that's it for today.  Nothing much interesting or out of the ordinary (for here) happened so there isn't a lot to write about.  I will see what I can do about that tomorrow!

Have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear got caught up on your sleep. It is great that you have a place to take the boys to wear off some of that energy. Good luck with the blood test and exam, sorry to say, I am glad it isn't me taking them. The good thing is that it doesn't take very long and if you take them someplace for fun I am sure they will forget about it. I am doing laundry today and going up to Devin's to paint with Sheryl. Have a great day.
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you and the boys had a nice day. Happy City really seems like a happy place. We need one of those around here for kids. I am Gribble sitting for a while today. I was supposed to paint at Devin's but Gribble Stefan's lizard is about to shed and he has to be watched to make sure he doesn't chew his leg. We had one removed and he is really taking a liking to his last back leg so we have to keep a close eye on him. I was really hoping he would shed while Stefan was home for lunch but that doesn't seem to be happening. Angie and I both watched him this morning. Hope you get a good sleep and have a fun day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you all had such a nice day. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete