I'm sleepy and my nose hurts so this will be short. We were up early thanks to the kids. Tim and Nicholas went to Metro to do our shopping while Ryan and I stayed home. I had my fabulous massage then got a shower and started on lunch. We didn't bother making the duck today. Since we only have two burners and had chosen five dishes that required a wok, we decided to save that until tomorrow. Plus it's a little more of a difficult dish so better to wait until we weren't serving it to guests. As it turned out, I did the cooking but with a lot of help from Ping, Sam's wife. She has been taking a rather intensive cooking class so making some basic Chinese dishes for lunch wasn't a big deal to her. Together we made noodles, beef and broccoli with ginger, sweet and sour chicken and scallops with lime and chilis. She brought some cooked green beans and it ended up being a lovely lunch. Even the kids ate some of it!
After lunch Ping and I took Ryan to the playground while Tim, Sam, Leon and Nicholas played ping pong. It was really hot out today so we didn't last outside too long. When we came in Leon brought out his Nintendo DS and all of a sudden he had two new best friends.
Ryan, who is two-years-old, took this picture. Not too bad, eh?
After our guests left we cleaned up then went outside for a bit. Even after supper it was really hot out and the skies were actually clear again today. I hope it continues. The kids were very tired so we dragged them in, fed them some supper, then I got them ready for bed while Tim did the dishes. Now they are sleeping peacefully and I am trying to concentrate long enough to write this. So, why does my nose hurt? I'm sure you have been dying to know since you started reading. Well, when I was getting Ryan ready for bed he head-butted me right on the bridge of my nose. He didn't do it on purpose. At least that's what I'm hoping. For tonight anyway, that's going to be my excuse for not writing a lot. Have a great day on the big ball!
Your lunch sounds delicious! Maybe we can have a small taste of some real Chinese cuisine when you come home. Cute photos especially of Leon and the boys with the DS. Looks like you had a really nice time. We had a beautiful day yesterday but turned chilly last evening and it is down right cold today. I really hope this changes soon. Stefan and Angie made it safely to Maine and had a visit with her Grandmother then on to her Dad's home. Stefan thought it was a very long drive! We are all going to Liz's house this evening for her birthday which is on Monday for pizza and cake. :) Have a great day in China!
ReplyDeleteWhat a delicious lunch, I think I would even like that. You will have to teach your mom to make some Chinese dishes and when she comes back she can practice on us. Looks like the boys had a good time playing the DS with Leon.
ReplyDeleteI am sure your head butt from Ryan was an accident, but probable doesn't make it hurt any less.
Carl worked down stairs last night so I went up to visit your mom and dad. We had a great visit, I didn't get home until 10:00.
Carl and I went for our walk at the park this morning and then went over to the Farmers Market. We bought some local strawberries (our fourth box) and some homemade beans and brown bread. We are going to have them for lunch, I love it when someone else does the cooking.
I swept the stands and players benches in the rink after I got home. Don't know what I will do for the rest of the day, I might take your blog book ( the 2nd one) down to Viv to read or I might just read.
It is cloudy today and we are supposed to get some rain, the temperature is not too bad, 14, good for walking and working outside.
Hope you have a more restful day today, enjoy the sunshine.
Bye for now, take care.
Testing for comment posting - Krista
ReplyDelete