Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Time Flies When You're Busy!

I can't believe that in one week the kids and I will be on our way back to Canada!  As you know from previous blogs we have been very active this past week and the last two days have been the same.  It really makes the time go by quickly.

After a great birthday party for Nicholas (thanks to everyone who came!) we had a sleepover with Jessica and her three boys.  Unfortunately, she didn't actually get to sleep a whole lot.  The boys had a little trouble through the night and two of them weren't feeling well.  A little while after I got up we made a phone call to Global Doctor and we were able to get them an appointment for three hours later.  Jessica and I piled the five kids into the van and ventured off for her first visit to a doctor in China.  What a milestone for them!  They made out okay though and with a bit of medicine the kids are doing better today.  After the doctor's visit we stopped at Riverside Garden to get the kids a rare treat for lunch - Kraft Dinner (or macaroni and cheese to our American friends).  The boys enjoyed their pasta then we played with the Thomas train set and relaxed for the afternoon. When Tim got home from work we enlisted Tian Ye to take Jessica and her boys back to the hotel.  God love him!  He's a real sport.  When they got to the hotel Samuel was asleep so Tian Ye carried him up and put him on the bed while some bellboys helped Jess with the rest of her stuff and the two other kids.  Everyone is keen to help, it's really nice.

Last night I was pretty tired so I vegged out and tried to go to bed early.  I find though that once the kids are asleep I want to stay up and enjoy the peace so sometimes (like tonight) I don't get there as early as I should.  Oh well, there will be plenty of time to sleep someday...  Sue the Seamstress showed up with my new clothes and for the most part I like them a lot.  The dress is lovely to look at but I'm not sure it's so great on me.  That's okay though, at least I will have it.  I love the two blazers/blouses she made and one actually fit perfectly.  The dress and other blazer had to go back for more alterations.  Sorry, no pictures tonight.  Too tired.

This morning I had a difficult time waking up when Ryan started pulling me out of bed at 6:40.  He was actually up at 5:40 with Tim but waited to try getting me up.  I think he enjoys the alone time with his dad.  When I finally did drag my butt out of bed I brought pillows and laid down on the couch.  It didn't last long though since I started thinking about what I wanted to get done.  I got up and had breakfast then did some laundry.  I got a shower and by ten we were off again.  This time we tried to go back to a market that we visited when Mom was here but it was empty.  The last time we went it was on a Tuesday as well so I'm not sure what days it is actually open.  I was attempting to get another couple Christmas gifts but maybe I can catch it another day this week.

Since the boys had no interest in going to the Wu'ai market with me we went to the Mix C mall and they and Tian Ye had lunch at the new Subway there.  It happens to be near the skating rink so we sat and watched people skate while the boys had their food.  Several of them were wearing speed skates and were trying to get some speed built up but because some of the ice surface was blocked off and where they were the ice was quite rough, they couldn't really get going.  Too bad!  It was fun watching and explaining to the boys what they were doing.









We waited a long time hoping to see the Zamboni clean the ice but finally we gave up and left.  We will go back another day when we have more time.

From the mall we went to the Sheraton to see how Jessica and her boys were doing since Chris was working today.  For about forty-five minutes we had all seven of us in the room and it was a little chaotic.  Little Elijah was tired and in need of a nap so I took my boys and Samuel and we spent about two and a half hours roaming around the hotel.  We went to the lobby and checked out the model cities and houses they had set up in one of the shops then we sat in the lobby and the boys drank some overpriced apple juice while watching the iPods.  We made a couple trips to the bathroom  and eventually ended up in the spa and fitness center.  The ladies there were very nice and let the boys play around on the ping pong tables and look at the pool.  When we got back to the room the two littlest ones were still sleeping and Jessica had pretty red toenails.  She was happy to finally get them painted.







By this time it was almost 3:30 and we had to leave to pick Tim up at work.  We said goodbye then headed to Michelin.  First we had to pay our water bill then I ordered some take out for supper.  I've gotten so lazy about cooking lately.  Although, in my defense, by the time we picked Tim up and got home it was after six and getting too late to cook.  Didn't you know there is a time limit for cooking supper in China?

While we waited for the food I went back to the lighting mall that Mom and I had visited to get her end caps for the 75 meters of rope light that she bought.  I took Ryan in with me and while there he ran into a glass wall and bumped his nose pretty good.  He was quite upset and cried for a long time.  It didn't help that he was getting pretty tired.

I went back and got the food then we sat at Michelin for a while waiting for Tim.  I was just about starved but didn't have any chopsticks to eat the takeout.  Finally he came out and we headed for home.  Supper was tasty and we finished just in time for Ryan to play for a bit before getting ready for bed.  For the first time this year I put fuzzy, one piece pajamas on him (last night he hollered to me to come and cover him up).  He wasn't too sure about them and it didn't help when Nick said, "You look really nice Ryan, like you're getting married".  Great!  Just what he wanted to hear.  He still has them on though and aside from the inconvenience of getting them down to pee, I think he will like them.  Time will tell.

Well, that's it for now.  I really must get to bed.  I think (hope) tomorrow will be another action packed day, perhaps with a trip to Happy City.  It will likely be the last time the boys get to go for a while.  Should be fun!

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You really are keeping busy, Jan. You must almost pass out when you hit the bed! I'm afraid the ice in the rink in China wouldn't pass Ellery's scrutiny. He is extremely fussy about his ice. I don't think his players would like it either. The boys will get to see their Great Grampa's Zamboni when they get home. Darlene and I went swimming this morning. I went to an auction last night which in the middle of I took hockey photos at the Stadium. Then back to the auction. I got 2 really cute dolls and 2 crock pots which are in excellent shape. Ellery went curling and I'm sure he was a little apprehensive about what I might bring home. He wasn't really impressed with the dolls. Well must go and get some lunch. You have fun and excitement and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Jan, being busy makes the time fly. Neat pictures of the rink, maybe you will get to go skating after your get back from Canada. I spent some time working on my rug hooking but wasn't feeling the best so gave up and got ready for bed and wrapped up with my heating pad until bed time.
    It is hard to believe that you will be here in less than a week.
    Must move on to Wednesday's blog and see what you guys have been up to.

    ReplyDelete