Sunday, January 29, 2012

Good To Be Back

So, after nine weeks of living out of a suitcase, I'm sorry to say that since returning, that has yet to change. Over the weekend if I wasn't too busy to unpack, I was too tired. The kids clothes have been thrown into their wardrobes and will be sorted someday, but my clothes are still resting in the suitcase in which they travelled. This week is going to be all about getting things organized again. That and resting, playing the wii and just generally being lazy.

Friday afternoon Lena came about an hour after we arrived home and I had a wonderful massage, falling asleep towards the end. I can vaguely remember her leaving and thinking how nice it is that I don't have to get up and go when she is done. She just sneaks out without saying a word while I drift off. I only slept for a little while then fought to stay awake until 7pm. By then the boys were ready to sleep so the three of us did what we had been doing at Mom and Dad's place - we all crawled into one bed and fell asleep. Ryan was up at 11 to eat so I got up too and grabbed an Advil PM. Not only did it stop my headache but also caused me to sleep in until about 9:30 the next morning. It was just what I needed.

Saturday I made an emergency trip to IKEA for chocolate and a new pillow. I had to leave my fancy pillow back in Canada since I had no room left in the six checked suitcases and three carryons we were hauling back with us. Hard to believe! Anyway, by the time I finished at IKEA then stopped for Japanese takeout, I was wiped. Tim got called into work for a bit so I played with my new iPhone and got all my contacts entered while the boys played with the Wii. We were supposed to go outside after for a fireworks display but unfortunately I just couldn't make it. Luckily, Anna and Dave didn't mind rescheduling for tonight and they put on a lovely show out in front of our building. Thanks guys!

Today we went for lunch with Jessica, Chris and the boys and it was great to hang out with them again. They were so kind to come to the airport to greet us on Friday and it was too bad that we had to make a quick exit since Ryan was a mess. We all had a nice lunch today though.

So it is nice to be back in Shenyang with the crazy drivers, ridiculous amount of fireworks, great friends and our cozy apartment. Even the kids were excited to be here. I think that perhaps they didn't realize we would be coming back to the same home.

It is now ten o'clock and I must get to sleep. The boys went to bed at their usual time so if they can make it through tonight without getting up, we may get back on schedule quicker than I thought. Perhaps keeping them up until 1am for the last week was a good idea afterall. I must remember that one! Good day all.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are beginning to get settled in again, Jan. It is good to give yourself some time to rest and recover from all the flying and traveling. As much fun as it can be it is still very tiring. We are having a strange day here today weather wise. It is sunny and warm but windy. Then all of a sudden we had a rain shower which is very weird for winter. Then it all cleared off and is beautiful and sunny again. I didn't go to church this morning cause I had some things I wanted to get finished. Things are pretty much the same here as they were when you left. I should let you know that Emma Marie (Allison's baby) now weights 3 pounds. She is much better now. Well must go and get some breakfast even though it is almost lunch time! Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, It is too quiet around here without you and the kids so we plugged the vacuum cleaner in for awhile and just let it run. The cats are roaming around waiting for the boys to come back and play with them. We found some socks, underware, payloader, but not much else that you left behind. It is a nice day here so I think I'll go for a walk in a bit. Tomorrow we are going to Mulgrave till Thurs so Andy and Drew will hopefully take good care of the cats. Glad to see that you are readjusting to time change so quickly. Say hello and give my love to Tim, Nick and Ryan Love yas Ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys must be so happy to be back home and getting settled in. Sounds like you will just get those suitcases unpacked and then you will have to repack them. I had a chuckle this morning, I put my jacket on to go to church and realized that I had a little excavator in one pocket and a race car in the other. Nick gave them to me when I was up on Wednesday and I forgot about them. I am off to church again this afternoon, it is the covenanting service for our new minister. They are having a pot luck after the service, but I am coming home to have a chicken dinner.
    Must go and get the rest of my laundry done, have a good day and get all rested up. Hi to Tim, Nick and Ryan. Take care.

    ReplyDelete