Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lego City

Can you guess what I did today?

I didn't write last night because I thought that perhaps I had better ease everyone into blog reading again.  I can't just jump right into posting every night.

It's pretty chilly here in Shenyang, tonight it's supposed to go down to about -24 (according to weatherman Tim).  We wouldn't know it though.  The kids and I haven't been outside since Sunday night when we went out for fireworks.  I have had a miserable but productive couple of days.  Yesterday I got our room straightened up which meant cleaning out the closet (again!) and dealing with personal stuff that has nothing to do with China.  Today was similar although I only organized for about an hour in the morning until the boys got me into doing Lego.  That ended up being an all day affair with the exception of one hour for my massage with Lena.  It was really nice but the effects didn't last long when I went back to building a block fire station afterwards.  Oh well, the results are fantastic and I did enjoy doing it.

Ayi was here yesterday and it was nice to see her again.  Shortly after she got here she brought a bag of pretzels over to me and made a strange face.  I don't know where they came from but I'm guessing it was here because she wanted my approval to throw them out.  She must have tried one last week and it made her sick.  To get her point across she pretended to eat one then looked sickly, held her stomach, pointed to her butt and bent over like she was sitting on a toilet.  I got the message and told her "bu hao" so she could get rid of them.

Since it's still Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) we get to hear and see fireworks or fire crackers anytime of the day or night from our windows.  They really are pretty and as of yet I haven't been rudely awoken by them so I am still enjoying it all.  I need to find out if there are parades or anything that we should go see before it's all over on the 6th.  If we can get our butts in gear that is...

The kids have adjusted really well to the time change.  They were back to their regular bed times on Sunday night, only two nights after we got back.  I guess keeping them up late the week before we left worked for us.  It also helps that we had a familiar place to come this time as opposed to a warm, uncomfortable hotel room.

Tomorrow we are planning to get together with Jessica and her boys.  I think it's about time we went somewhere.  Although, if it's still -24 in the morning we might just change our tune.  Night all!


2 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you Jan. It doesn't hurt to do some organizing and then playing on cold days. It won't last long and you will have lots of things to do outdoors. I am glad the boys have settled back into regular bedtimes, it is so much easier on them. It must seem strange to see fireworks thru the week and so often. You will have to try and get some pictures.
    We had snow yesterday, it started late in the afternoon and ended around 9:00pm. It is beautiful here today, the sun is shining the temp is -7 and it is a beautiful day.
    Carl and Dad are at the grocery store, I am supposed to be cleaning but haven't started yet. If I put it off long enough I won't have to do it until tomorrow.
    You have a great day. Hope it warms up enough that you and the boys can get outside.
    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having some pretty cold temps over there. It has been chilly here the last couple of days but until then it was really warm for January. You needed some time to get rested now I'm sure you will be very busy and on the go every day. I am still trying to get my hockey photos done but each week I am doing more teams. I am very pleased to have the business but it will be nice to go to Florida the end of February and have a break both from photos and from the snow. There were baby deer in our back yard tonight nibbling away on my dead plants. They are so small and fluffy. Stefan isn't feeling too great these last couple of days. I think he has a bug. Well must go to bed. Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete