Once through security you make your way to one of two gates. Along with a souvenir and ice cream shop there is a lounge area with free snacks and cold drinks. The kids enjoyed the playground while we waited for our flight.
| This aquarium is in the bathroom. |
When it's time to go to the plane you board a trolley (I showed a picture of that on our arrival day) and drive out to the tarmac.
It's definitely not your typical airport. It was very enjoyable.
Now, I'm not an expert on Canada or anything, but for as long as I lived there I have never heard of this restaurant we came across in the Bangkok airport. Any other Canadians know this one?
Some other sights from the Bangkok (Survarnabhumi) Airport:
We had three very uneventful flights and survived our night of travel. We are tired and glad to be home but have some wonderful memories of our first trip to Thailand. The kids say they had a great time on vacation but as we landed in Shenyang both boys couldn't stop going on about how excited they were to be in China. The guys sitting in front of us got a real kick out of Ryan and his enthusiasm for being here.
It is now time to get back to reality and cold, gray Shenyang. Spring is coming however, and soon there will green all around us here. Life is good!
One final shot from Samui:
Wonderful Jan! Glad to hear you arrived in China safe and sound with many special vacation memories to take with you. Your photos of the airports are terrific. I would love more airports like that those, especially Samui Airport. It just seems so relaxed and enjoyable and beautiful. Cute photo of Ryan asleep on the seats! I had hot yoga this morning and it was heavenly! I love my yoga. I go 5 times a week now and feel so much more relaxed. The sun is shining brightly today although it is a little chilly still great to have the sunshine. Tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer so I am hoping to get some much needed Vit D. Hope you have a great day! Bye for now!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you had a safe trip back home. Love the photos of the airport, very unique. You will have all your wonderful pictures to look at while you are waiting for spring to arrive. It won't be long now. Ryan seems to be having a great sleep, he must have been really tired. I think Nick has grown since you were here. He looks so tall in the pictures.
ReplyDeleteI did some cleaning today, went out to the mall and went to watch some of Hayden's hockey game. They won 9-2 so I guess they are going to provincials. The are going to Cape Breton tomorrow to play another team but it really wont' make any difference.
Kenzie is staying with us tonight and Sunday night, they leave early Sunday morning and will be late getting home, it is easier for me if he stays here.
Darren will be home next week, I think he is leaving Monday so should be here either Monday night or sometime on Tuesday. We are looking forward to his visit. He will be spending Easter with us as well.
Well Jan, must go and get ready for bed, your day is just starting and mine is finished!!
Have a great one and take care.