Monday, March 5, 2012

Three more sleeps!

That's right. Only three nights left before we head off to the beach for a week. Today the boys and I started packing and deciding what to take. Thanks to our Florida trip I have a great selection of summer clothes to pick from. Now the problem is weeding out what I don't need so that we're not loaded down with suitcases.

This past weekend was a pretty tame one. On Saturday we made a trip to Mix C mall and got the kids a sub for lunch. We went to Ole for some groceries then came home and just hung out together. Sunday was a nice day so Nicholas and Tim played badminton while Ryan had a nap and I folded clothes. He usually doesn't take naps anymore but once every two or three weeks he seems to need one. Also, we were having company for supper so I wanted him in a good mood.

Jessica, Chris and the boys came over and we had a nice time. Jess doesn't do a lot of cooking but wants to learn so I showed her how to make one of my favorite casseroles. I'm not exactly a chef but I get by and thought I could help her out, until we got talking and I forgot a couple of ingredients. Oops! It still tasted good though and the apple crisp we had for dessert was a hit, too. The boys had a wonderful time playing together and it was a nice way to end a relaxing weekend.

Today we had a visit from Celine and Caroline. It's the first time we have seen them since we left for Canada back in November. Caroline is as adorable as ever and although we haven't seen her for over three months, it appears she remembers us fondly. When they arrived she came right in and gave me a smile then went to the boys and was very happy to see them. She even rested her head on their shoulders. It was very cute! They even brought great news - in July, Caroline will become a big sister. Congratulations to her, Mama and Papa!

So that is the news from Shenyang for now. Judging from my record lately, you may not hear from me until after we get to Thailand. I can't promise that I'll try to blog while away, but I'll try to try. At the very least, depending on how good the internet connection is, I will attempt to post pictures. Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Jan so great to talk with you, Nick and Tim this morning. Nick I think I am going to go out and rent the Cars 2 movie so that I can watch it. You have told me so much about it and it sounds so interesting. I think I might be able to get Stefan to watch it with me. I really enjoyed talking with you on Skype. So sorry I had to run off so quickly though and I hope you had a good sleep. The photos are so cute Jan, of the kids. I have done a video of Stefan using the new excavator but I'm not sure if I can email that to you so that the boys could watch it. I will try anyhow. Stefan is really enjoying it. He was really excited! (as excited as Stefan gets) when they brought it home. There is quite a bit of snow that came down last night so he should get to use it some today. Again, have a wonderful trip and enjoy each and every moment as it happens even lying on a beach is blissful! Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, I guess it is only 2 more sleeps now. The time sure has gone by quickly.
    I can't believe how big Caroline is, I guess I haven't seen pictures of her in a while, she is so sweet. She looks so cute snuggled up to Nick and Ryan too!
    I went swimming this morning, it was beautiful out, the trees were all covered in snow, it was so pretty. There was only 3 of us in the pool for almost 45 minutes and the water was nice and warm.
    Lisa came in on Saturday and Sunday and we made roman blinds for three of their windows. She called tonight and she and Shawn put two pair up, the third blind is still here....not quite finished. I will finish it for her tomorrow.
    I did Donna's income tax today, and did mine and Carl's tonight. I only have Leroy and Virginia's, Tracy and Steve's and dad's to do now. It will be nice to have them all done and I won't have to worry about them.
    Must go and get ready for bed and watch a bit of TV. You guy's have a great day. And if I am not talking to you before you leave, have a great trip.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Child of Mine!

    Are you ever fortunate to have Princess Kate helping to cook in your kitchen. The question is ---Where is HRH Prince William??? I suppose he is in the living room chatting with Tim and the boys. Caroling is growing like a well nurtured flower and blossoming into a beauty as well. The photos of Anna's were interesting and an exceptionally great one of you and Tim at the buffet. I am off to work now and will chat later. Love to my little boys and also the big one. Ma

    ReplyDelete