Thursday, March 29, 2012

Exciting Times!

Today, I am defrosting my freezer.  How's that for life on the edge?

Although the break was nice I am now missing my blog.  It's a bit of a love/hate thing.  In Thailand I spent several frustrating hours trying to post the way I wanted and although it was annoying, I am glad I took the time so we have a good diary of our week there.  It certainly was beautiful and I would love to go back to the country, perhaps exploring a different area.  The problem is, there are many, many cities, islands and countries to explore and I want to see as much as I can in the time we are here.  I guess that's not really a problem, more of a dilemma.

In the last week the weather has improved so the boys and I have been getting outside more.  It's been great!  Nick has resumed bike riding and although Ryan was insistent that he was not getting on his, yesterday afternoon he finally did and now he doesn't want to stop.  I had to drag him in for supper last night.

Yesterday morning we ventured to a new park with Jessica and her boys, Yan Hong and a couple new friends.  The park was Beiling and the new friends were Amy and her son, Joseph.  They are from the US and since Joseph is very close in age to Samuel and my boys, they had a great time together.  We had a picnic lunch and roamed around.  Since it's still March the park is not entirely ready but when it is we will definitely return.  It will be beautiful I'm sure!












Aside from the improved weather there isn't a whole lot to report.  I've been spending a lot of time researching our next home trip.  Yes, I know.  I have a problem.  An addiction, if you will.  I guess if I have to be addicted to something, I could have picked worse.  Basically what it boils down to is this.  I love to travel, always have.  Since going on our first cruise Tim has joined me in my addiction, although to a somewhat lesser extent.  An opportunity has come along and I think we must take full advantage of it, sucking every little bit of enjoyment we can out of it.  Someday I may not have the ability to do this and I want no regrets (or at least as few as possible!!).  I won't give the dirty little details of our upcoming autumn voyage just yet, except to say it will be a whirlwind tour that is going to take a lot of work to plan and pull off.  But I will persevere!  Hopefully the weather and airlines will cooperate with me.

Lastly, while walking around Eastern Venice yesterday afternoon I spotted this plumber loading up his supplies.  I couldn't resist a picture!


3 comments:

  1. Great to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Jan, I have missed you!! Great pictures, it looks like spring there. We have been busy at the rink, Ellery's tournament is underway........two weeks left, yea!!
    Tracy, Stevie and Hayden are off to Provincials on Friday, Kenzie and I are going to the Easter Egg Hunt Saturday at the park, that should be fun.
    It is a beautiful day here today, the sun is shining and the snow is melting. It is amazing how fast it goes once the sun appears.
    I should go and get supper ready, Carl is at the Dr's office so it is my job tonight.
    have a great day, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, I was getting withdrawal symptoms again but glad to hear from you! Love the guy with the bike. I can't imagine putting a toilet on a bike and riding the bike. They are very skilled! Great photos! Seems like you are back in the swing of things in China. I have been very busy all week doing photos for the Canadian Firefighters National Curling Tournament. I have taken soooo many photos and have to cut them back to fit on 1 DVD. Dev is going to help me. The finals are tomorrow so it will be my last day of taking photos then it will be organizing them and adjusting them all the fun stuff! :0( Well I guess Ellery is in bed so I better go and get in bed myself. Lots to do tomorrow! Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete