Monday, September 17, 2012

Dresses

I've got them!  A couple weeks ago I had Jessica's ayi measure me up for two Chinese type dresses (qipao).  I did a fitting on Friday but they were a bit big so she altered them over the weekend.  Tonight, Tim stopped on his way home from work and picked them up for me.  Here they are!  No laughing at Picture #3!








The second dress really highlights my need for a tan - from my shoulders right down to the top of my feet.  I'm counting on getting a little sun for the two days we are in Puerto Rico to fix that up.  Otherwise, I really like both dresses, but especially the black and pink one.  It's my favorite!  Hopefully we can get a couple of nice pics done on the ship and I'll actually have my hair done up and a little make up on.

Here's the countdown clock on my iPhone app.  When I started it I was at 60+ days.



Almost there!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Jan your dresses are beautiful and they look so stunning on you. I didn't even notice the tan lines but a few days in the sunshine with a sleeveless shirt should do those up quite nicely.

    Things are coming together quite nicely for you and the time is flying. I know you will have a great trip.

    Bye for now and thanks for sharing the photos. I have been wondering how your dresses turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dresses Jan, and my favorite is the black one.

    You should have no problem grabbing a little sun in Porto Rico and getting that tan.

    I lost your itinerary that you sent to me, I roughly remember where you are going to be just not the actual dates.

    I got mom's quilt all gathered up today and my borders cut out, now I just have to get it into the church for the lady to put it together for me. Sure am glad she offered to do it because I certainly don't want to. I will still have to get it quilted, there is a lady in Debert that apparently does quilting, I hoping she can do it for me.

    You guy's have a great trip and we will see you in a couple of weeks.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete