That's right. A week from tonight we will be rushing to get everything packed and trying to get the kids to go to sleep but they won't be able to because it's just too exciting!
The last three days have been pretty tame. We have all developed a bit of a cold but Tim and Ryan seem to have gotten the worst of it. Nick had the day off Monday and we were supposed to go play at Angie's but decided we should try and not infect anyone else so we just stayed home. Yesterday and today were the same except that Nick did go to school but Ryan and I didn't go anywhere. Yesterday I had my Chinese lesson and today we had a visit from a new expat and Ayi came to clean, but that's all the excitement here.
As it turns out, Ryan won't be going to preschool anymore. It wasn't my choice, exactly, and I'm a little disappointed, especially since he was actually enjoying the place and did that awful physical and blood work. Apparently there was a communication error on my part regarding who would be paying for the school. Unfortunately, the only school the company will pay for is the one Nicholas went to for three weeks last year and I refuse to send another kid there so it looks like Ry is home with me full time for at least one more year. He's okay with that and so am I. I suppose that unless I want to hand over the equivalent of a mortgage payment every month so he can go to an English speaking school, I will have to be okay with it. It's either that or we give up some of our travel and I think we all know that's just not going to happen.
Speaking of travel, I did have a little bit of excitement yesterday. Even though I said I wasn't going to do it yet, I started booking our trip for next summer. It will start with a Mediterranean cruise and I'm elated about it. We did one five years ago and three of the ports will be the same as the last cruise, but I don't care. All three are in Italy and I don't think I could ever get too much of that country. I will have lots of research to do over the winter months to prepare for this trip so I'm a happy camper for a little while longer.
I hope everyone at home has dried out and is recovering from the flooding. Thanks for sharing the pictures on Facebook, it felt like I was standing right in the middle of it!
Yes Jan the count down really is on now! It will be hard for you all to sleep. I'm sure we will all see a big difference in the boys. They look in the photos like they have grown so much.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about Ryan's school but it must be for the best. I don't blame you for not wanting to give up the travel. The boys really enjoy it too and it is so good for all of you. It won't hurt Ryan to be home with you for another year.
Hope your colds get better soon. Colds don't make very good traveling companions.
Really exciting news also about your Mediterranean Cruise. That is one I would like to take but from here it is so expensive. I guess if I watch for sales when the time comes that we can go then it might be possible. But it gives you something exciting to look forward to when you are back in China. It will also keep you busy this winter researching. I am not a researcher, that is Verna's job. She enjoys it as you do.
Donna and I went out and took lots of photos on Monday but I haven't even downloaded them yet. They are pretty much like what you have seen on Facebook. It was pretty awful for a lot of people. Mom's apartment was damaged by water and she has to move out while they do the repairs which because of the abundance of insurance claims from the flood may take quite a while to get finished. She may stay with us a while and also Michele, she isn't sure. It is very difficult when you have to leave your home when you are alone but even worse when you have a family.
Well must go and check dinner. Bye for now and have a great day!
Hard to believe you will be on your way in a week. Can't wait to see you and the boys, I know we will see a big difference in them.
ReplyDeleteToo bad about Ryan's school, but you will enjoy having him home with you and now that he has lots of friends he will have some play time with them. I agree that you shouldn't give up your traveling, especially when you all enjoy it so much.
Doesn't surprise me that you are already planning next years trip. As you say, it will give you something to do for the winter months.
Guess I will go and get some breakfast, Carl took our car over to be undercoated, Tracy is going to pick him up and he will take her to work and keep the van, he has to pick Hayden up at Mariposa at 9:00 and take him to school. Then he has to take Dad to his foot care clinic at 10:00. Don't know what I would do without him!
You guy's have a great day, take care.