Saturday, September 8, 2012

Great Day With Great People!

Yesterday a group of us ventured off for a trip to the Botanical Gardens.  We weren't sure we were going to make it since the day started off rainy and wet.  It cleared off though and we had a fabulous afternoon.  We started off with a few rides then found a patch of grass and let the kids (and some of the parents!) run wild.

The boys checking out where we need to go.

"Old People Ticket" - Ha!

Judah and Joseph loved the fountain!




Joseph tried to convince Ryan to go.  It didn't work.


Nick riding his first (I think!) go kart by himself.  He could barely reach the pedals but he loved it!

Tim liked it so much he took other people's children:)




We found Jessica and her boys!


Some fun on the water.





Charlee and Dominic - cuties!


The Ladies




This is Judah's dad, Steve, and he appeared to have boundless energy.  Charlee and Steve quickly became "the fun parents!".

Ryan had a blast!
Amy and baby Rocket


Picnic Talk




Charlee even showed us her cartwheel.  You go girl!




This has to be my favorite pic of the day.  There were no camera tricks (I'm obviously not that good) and I wasn't even sitting down when I took it.  He really was that high - and loved it!

Charlee giving Ryan a twirl.
Tim has a new buddy.  Joseph loves to have a catch!

 A few spectators

Once the kids knew Steve would play, he never got a break.


What's better than friends?...

More friends!


My Littlest Man!

A new friend (again!).  The way to Ry's heart is through play - or cake.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Hon! What fabulous photos!!!!! These really brightened my gray Sunday. We are so lucky to be able to see your lives in China in real time and to be able to look at pictures without having to wait for photo processing and snail mail. Everyone looks like they had so much fun. I was thinking about being in the Botanical gardens when I was over there and laughing uncontrolably hard at Nick and Samuel in that big blow up mixer in the pond. With Nick being the heavier one of the two, he tossed poor Sam around like a big potatoe peeler in a restaurant kitchen. I don't think I've laughed so much before or since that time. The Chinese people around me probably figured out that I had to be insane, but I just have never experienced two people in the same situation with one so absolutely in control and the other totally out of control. Anyway I still get a great chuckle out of it.

    Just two more weeks and you will be off to another continent and more exploring. We are looking forward to seeing you in Florida. Talk later

    Mom xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great photos Jan! Everyone is having so much fun. The kids look so happy.

    It was very humid and damp here today. It rained a lot but it still hasn't cleared the air. Dev and Sam came up today to do more moving and some cleaning and laundry. They did a load at Dev's trailer and I also did some for them down here. He said it was a horrible drive up from Halifax in some places, it was raining so hard. Ellery and Scott worked at the rink today. I laid low this morning and read cause I was up from 2am to 6am reading. I think I was quite concerned cause I was supposed to go for jury duty tomorrow but I called and the trial was cancelled for tomorrow so I don't have to go. I was so relieved. :oD I really wasn't looking forward to it.

    Ellery and I went in a Curling Golf Tournament on Saturday at the Greenfield Golf Course. It was fun. We got prizes not from skill but because we were there. There was also a barbeque. The golf course out there is beautiful. I was very impressed and a par 4 was the longest hole so it was just the right size for me. I want to go back out and take photos of the scenery.

    I guess that's all for now folks. Have a great day! Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures Jan, everyone looks so happy. Your day at the Gardens was like a mini vacation only better with all your friends there.

    Steve must really love children and kids do really like playing with an adult kid, they must love him.

    I haven't been very mobile this week so there is not much going on. The boys are back to their normal schedules, Kenzie in bowling and cubs, Hayden in hockey tryouts, golf tryouts and Scouts. I think Hayden might be joining the newly formed youth group at our church as well and Kenz is going to trying out archery.

    Must move on to your latest blog.

    ReplyDelete