Today we finally made it over to Angie's house. I didn't think we were going to get there when my driver sent me a text saying he couldn't help me today because his son was sick. Luckily Angie's driver was able to come pick us up and we had a nice visit for the morning. We were hoping to let the kids play outside but it poured the entire time we were there and actually it still hasn't stopped. It didn't matter. The kids played while we researched trip stuff on the web. As a wonderful surprise, Angie gave me a beautiful vase of flowers. It was a thank you for the help we have given them since they arrived. I thought it was so sweet of her! Thanks, Angie!
This afternoon Lena was here and I had a massage. It was so nice. I haven't been getting them as regularly as I was before and I'm missing it. As usual, I dozed off as she rubbed my feet. It was heavenly!
Here is a picture from yesterday, looking out our living room window:
Remember a couple weeks ago when a piece of concrete fell off our building? Well, these guys were going down on ropes taking off any pieces that were in danger of breaking and painting over what was left. The guy standing up wasn't tied to anything and the boys kept banging on the window and even opened it up to talk to him. I had to make them move away as I was afraid they would distract him and he'd fall. That wouldn't be so good. They took a good chunk off our ledge (one piece of it had fallen off last year) so hopefully it will be safe for anyone walking underneath now.
That's it for now! Have a great weekend!
Beautiful flowers Jan. That was very thoughtful of Angie and I am sure she appreciated your help.
ReplyDeleteDon't think I would want to be working that high up with no safety harness. Hopefully they will get all the loose pieces and be done with it. Just hope there are no more pieces breaking off, you could lose half the building.
We had heavy rain as well yesterday, it just poured, and we had thunder and lightening for about three hours late in the afternoon and early evening, it just kept going around in a circle. The sun is shining today and it is supposed to be fine for the weekend.
I came home from swimming this morning and your sister was in my back flower bed doing the weeding. Bless her heart! Carl and I find it hard to do the bending so we don't get it done as often as we should.
Hayden is off to NB for his Scout Camping trip, they will be back on Monday. Darren, Trish and girls should be here by supper time on Saturday.
Kenzie went to school this morning to get his report card. He did very well, all A's! They are mailing Hayden's out so we won't know how he did until next week.
Well Jan, not much going on around here, Kenzie and I are headed to see his Mom and do some shopping.
Have a great week-end and have a happy Canada Day.
Take Care.
Hi Kid, What crazy guys those Chinese fellas are! More guts than brains, I wonder if it has occurred to them that since some of the concrete is falling off that maybe their weight may entice more of it to fall off while they are on it.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are beautiful and a very nice gesture on Angie's part.
We are going to Alfred and Fay's cottage then out to supper somewhere tonight. Your Pa and I went to the new Ty restaurant last night and I wore more vegetables and juice home on my blouse than I have ever worn before. The chunks of vegies were enormous and only a fork and spoon to eat with so they became slippery slides from fork to mouth. It was tasty though and after I wrang the extra juices out of my blouse I supped on the cup full while watching discovery channel. I wednt to Louie's and bought some more tops as most of what I own is loaded with food stains.
Have a great weekend you guys. Love you all
Mom
Hi Jan, I love your flowers! What beautiful bright colors! They would certainly lift your spirits on a rainy day...or any day!
ReplyDeleteI cannot imagine working on a ledge like that with no harness in fact I wouldn't be there with a harness. Hopefully there are no more junks to break off.
Ellery and I went to Dartmouth today to Princess Auto and Costco. We didn't buy a lot just some stuff for the rink and some for home. Nothing really exciting but it is always fun to go and look. I did get a sweater.
Stefan and Angie are leaving tomorrow for Maine for a week so she can go down and visit her Dad and family.
I am going to Yoga tonight so must get something to eat before I go. Again have a great Canada Day in China and bye for now!
What beautiful flowers! I agree with everyone else, wonder why they didn't think about their weight (though it's not alot) causing more concrete to fall off. I wouldn't even be on the ledge, harness or not!
ReplyDeleteNot much going on in Georgia today. Matt took the kids up to SC for the weekend so I could have a break and get some things done around the house. The temps yesterday topped off at 103, and today the high is forecasted to be 106. It's between 107-110 in Lexington (SC) this weekend too. Don't you just want to move to SC? =)
My mom flies in tonight for a week long visit and the kids come home tomorrow. We have a few things planned, but I do still have to work this week. =(
I have an odd question. I know how it works when the military moved us place to place, they moved our furniture with us. Did you guys get to take your own, or did you have to rent furniture? Just one of those weird things I think about/ =) And food for thought for the future should Michelin ever move us.