Thursday, June 7, 2012

June Blues

I didn't think it was likely, or even possible, to get the blues in June but, as it turns out, you can.  There isn't anything hugely wrong, just a lot of little things that are upsetting my precious balance.  The boys are still causing me grief, although not as bad as just after Mom left.  I've been trying to get them out a lot but it only seems to help for a little while.  I think it's more me than them.  Tuesday I strapped the wagon to my bike and pedaled both of them into the park so they could play in the bouncy houses.  That was a workout!  They played for a couple hours and would have stayed longer but we had to come back for the repairman that was fixing our bathroom, again.  He and the landlord showed up with new, proper caulking, but neglected to scrape off the previous batch that was cracking before they applied the waterproof stuff.  I don't know if this will cause a problem later on or not.  Honestly, I really don't care anymore.  I found out that we are able to start looking for a new place in February and move at the beginning of March and we will do that.  Another reason for my blahs is the fact that it's so nice out now, especially in the evening, and I would love to be able to sit outside and enjoy the weather.  I am determined that this will not be the case a year from now.

Adding to my woes is the exodus of good friends from Eastern Venice.  Celine and her family moved today, not out of the city but to an area with a yard and a bigger place.  We didn't spend a great deal of time together but it was nice to meet up outside and chat every couple of days.  Also, Sonny and Sue only have one week left and we will miss having them in the next building.  Another family is considering a move away and that is messing with my mind a little, too.

As I said though, I am trying to keep busy (without spending a lot of money!) so it was a good thing that I purchased a card for the Happy Family play place.  We get ten visits for each of the boys and today we went again after having just been there on Monday.  Jessica and her two older boys joined us and they had a great time playing for a little over two hours.  Afterwards we went to her place and had supper with them since Tim is out for a work dinner tonight.  It was fun until we got home and Ryan became belligerent and we had a battle.  I won, but it wasn't pretty.

Tomorrow I think I will take the boys back to the park, this time with a picnic and a plan to spend the better part of the day.  They can wear themselves out for Tim's sake since I am going out in the evening.  There is an international gathering of sorts and I need to get out and enjoy myself for a bit.  Should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Jan, sorry to hear you are having the June blues! I know if I wasn't so busy helping Chris with Tracy's floors I would be experiencing some blues myself.

    It is always sad when people move away, even a short distance it seems to upset our balance and order of things.

    I know how wearing little boys can be and they seem to have so much energy and they can never get it all burned up. I can tell you that it does work out eventually, but that doesn't help right now. It is funny how you always hear so much about the terrible two's and there is never any mention of the rest of the terrible's.
    I think as parents we don't always have the patience that is required 24 hours a day. You will probably see quite a difference in both boys when Nick is in school.

    We have had terrible weather here this past week, thank goodness I have been busy. I knew as soon as we had the pool up and running the temperatures would be a lot cooler. We haven't been able to test the water because it is still way below 71.

    Must go and get ready to go to Tracy's, today should finish up the floor and the closets and then we just have to do the trim next week.

    You guys have a great day tomorrow, take care.

    We have been

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan you do have lots of different things going on right now but things will get better. That's one thing we can count on is that our situations always change. I'm sure new friends will come along and you are such a friendly open person that you attract people very easily. Children do have a lot of energy and it will be great for you to have your own backyard and space for the boys and you.

    The last two days here have been beautiful and warm. Ellery is not liking the heat. He liked the weather in Alaska much better than this. I must say I love it. Stef still hasn't gotten more info from the police so he is patiently waiting for that. Devin's car got broken into last night. It was sitting in his yard. They took an Ipod holder and some cash. It is so annoying why people have to do these things. Well must read the next blog.

    ReplyDelete