The poor kid. I feel like the worst mother ever. Well, almost. There are a couple that still trump me in that department.
I decided to take the kids biking this morning to burn off a little energy so they wouldn't be too crazy this afternoon. I planned my first massage in over a month and I was looking forward to it. Anyway, we ventured to the park and made it as far as the bridge when Nicholas wanted to stop where a bunch of kids were playing basketball. It's strange for that many children to be around, especially on a Friday when they should be in school. I found out later on that it's International Children's Day and therefore they all had the day off. Nick wanted to try and join the game but I said no, that we'd just keep going to get to the part of the park that has the playground so both boys would have something to do. Ryan and I started biking again while Nick tagged along behind and soon I heard, "MOM!". I looked back to see him and his bike on the ground. I quickly went back and discovered that he had scraped his elbow. He cried a little and a nice lady came over with some wipes so I could clean it off. It wasn't too bad but he said he wanted to go home. I told him that we would go back to the basketball court and take a break then continue on to the park. He ended up playing for a few minutes with some kids and the lady that had brought the wipes over. He was a little short to join into the bigger kids' game so he quickly lost interest. Still he wanted to go home because he didn't want to bike anymore. I told him that he was fine, it wasn't that bad of a scrape and not to worry, he wouldn't fall again. He hardly ever falls off his bike.
We all started off again and the boys decided to have a race. I had a message on my phone and as I was replying to it (while biking!), I heard another scream and looked up to see Nicholas on the ground once more. I rushed ahead and he was really crying this time. He stuck his elbow up and showed me his newest scrape in the exact same spot as the first one, but this time it was much worse. It was bleeding and messy and he was not a happy camper. I wiped off the newest wound, picked up his bike and we started for home. It was a long walk for the two of us with Ryan riding along beside. Nicholas cried the whole way and when we got home I had to pour alcohol on it which caused a lot of screaming. Eventually he stopped and I found a large bandage in the first aid kit I had forgotten about. He settled himself on the couch and was okay for the time being.
I had a wonderful massage then got ready and we headed over to Jessica's house. Tim and Chris were going out for supper tonight while Jess and I looked after the boys. We made Kraft dinner and chicken nuggets for the kids and they played while we chatted. Around 8:30 Nicholas said his belly was hurting so I sent a message to our driver to come pick us up to go home. Fifteen minutes later I heard the dreadful noise of vomit and, sure enough, Nicholas had thrown up all over Jessica's floor in two different places. What a mess! It took us a good twenty minutes to clean it up and by that time Ma had arrived to take us home. I got the boys to the van and held a bag to Nick's mouth the entire drive home. It was a little bag for disposing of dirty diapers and I hooked it around one of his ears to help hold it in place. We got to our building and into the elevator when he told me he felt like he was going to be sick again. No sooner had we stepped off the elevator and he started throwing up. The bag actually stayed hooked on his ear and worked quite well to keep everything contained. When he finally finished I was able to unlock the door and get us inside so he could sit down. I got him ready for bed then changed the bandage on his arm. The scrape is pretty bad and the whole area is swollen and bruised. It's nasty!
Now both boys are in bed and hopefully that will be the end of the vomiting, although I wouldn't place any bets on that. I think it's going to be a long night. I guess I had better get some rest while I have the chance. I'm not sure how long it will be before someone is up and getting sick. Goodnight all!
Jan, you will think I am nuts, but when I commented on Thursday's blog it said there was an error, when I checked it wasn't there so I redid it and now it is there twice.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, back to today's blog. Poor Nick, he sure had a rough day. He must have picked up a bug, hope you all don't get it.
Ellery and Sheryl got away this morning and Stefie left after lunch for Kentville so Jerry is staying with us. He is not a happy doggie!!
I went swimming this morning, the first time in a week, it sure was work. It wasn't very busy. My membership doesn't run out until September so I am going to swim all summer. Might not get there everyday but will try for 2 or three times a week.
I took Jerry in the car this afternoon when I went to pick up Hayden at school and when we got home and I let him out he went right down the hill to his place. I couldn't get him to come back up so I left him for a bit and then Carl called down to him and offered him a treat so up he came. We went up to Andy's to play with Bear tonight. Tim's mom and dad were there with the new little puppy. He is so cute and very little.
We are now back home and settled in for the night (I think).
Hope Nick is feeling better,and you guys have a good weekend.
Take care.
Well Jan, it seems like a long time since I have read your blog. We just got back yesterday morning and had a wonderful trip. Alaska is so beautiful and so is Vancouver, in fact everything we have seen in BC is great. We will have to skype sometime so that I can tell you about our trip.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about Nick's accidents. It is so hard being a kid. I'm sure he is feeling much better by now and his scrape is all healed.
Well must get to bed and will read the rest of your blogs tomorrow.
Bye for now.