Thursday, May 31, 2012

Busy Days Again!

Wow!  I just looked at my last post and realized it was from Sunday and it's now Thursday night.  Where does the time go?

This week we have been rather active with friends.  Tuesday we went back to the new play place, this time with Jessica and her two old boys.  Before that I went to YooHoo for groceries and subs for Nicholas and Ryan then afterward we stopped at Ole for a few things.  I had my Chinese lesson in the afternoon but was too tired to take much in, even though it was a review of the last fve lessons.  Luckily I'm not being tested and my teacher is very patient and understands that I don't have a great deal of extra time for studying.

One evening, I think it might have been Monday, I took the boys out biking in the evening.  It had been a hot day so we waited until it had cooled off a bit.  We had a nice ride around and after sending Ryan inside to get ready for bed, Nicholas and I went into the park and had a few bike races.  It tired him out nicely.  Me, too.

On Wednesday our new friends, Angie, Owen and Madi, came for a visit.  It was their first time to Eastern Venice so we walked out to meet them and showed them around our playgrounds.  Afterward we came home and the kids played while we got lunch ready for them.





Again we had a great time and decided that, depending on the weather, we would go to the botanical gardens the next morning.  The kids have such a fun time playing together.

Shortly after their visit it started raining so the boys and I stayed inside for the afternoon.  They have been watching Garfield cartoons and for the last couple days wanted to have lasagna for supper.  I finally relented and made them one.  Ryan, who has always refused lasagna, ate a whole plate and said it was the best lasagna ever.  While it was cooking I opened up my barber shop and gave Nick a new do.  He needs his hair short to help him stay cool when this hot weather hits.

This morning I slept in and had to do some rushing to get ready for the botanical gardens.  As it turned out, we arrived just a couple minutes after Angie and her kids.  We ended up at a different entrance than normal but it was nice to get a view of a different part of the park.  We finally got close enough to the iris tower for me to get a picture.



We made our way to the rides or "Pleasure Grounds" as the park signs call it.  The kids had a fabulous time on the rides and, had it not been so expensive, we would have taken them on a lot more.  It was $3 per ride per kid and I'm not sure if there is some sort of a bracelet you can get so that you don't have to buy tickets for every ride.  I will have to check into that.







In the meantime, we had lots of people trying to get pictures of the kids today and although mine want nothing to do with it, Madi and Owen are quite willing to pose.  They're so cute!




So, it was another eventful day but we had to get home and have a rest before we headed out again.  Tonight we went to Green Mile for pizza with Sonny and Sue.  They are leaving us in two weeks and won't be coming back.  If we want to see them, we will have to go to South Carolina.  Hmm...another trip perhaps!

Well, now you are up to speed.  It's going to be a busy weekend as well but I will try to keep up with my posts.  Zai jian!



4 comments:

  1. Yes, yes - come to SC! Are they going to Lexington or Greenville? The botanical gardens look beautiful, the iris tower looks metal, what is it?

    I'm glad the boys found some good friends to play with - they are all adorable!

    =)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a very busy week Jan. The photos are so cute. And the rides look like so much fun. The iris tower is really neat and looks huge. Stefan got his next package from the police. It is his lie detector tests. He has filled out a book and sent it back then he goes to PEI at some point to have his test. Devin got his new Nikon camera today and loves it. Well must go get to bed. Got a very busy day tomorrow! Have fun! Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, I am a little behind reading your blog, somehow I missed this one yesterday.

    You guys are so busy and I know you enjoy every minute! Love the pictures.

    Carl and I finally got up to your mom and dad's for a visit last night. Chris and Patrick went to Lunenburg and Hayden didn't play ball hockey and Carl wasn't working so we were at loose ends.

    Must move on to your next blog and see what you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a little behind reading your blog, somehow I missed this one yesterday.

    Love the pictures and the kids look like they are having a great time.

    Carl and I finally got up to visit your Mom and Dad Thursday night. Chris and Patrick went back to Lunenburg, Hayden didn't play ball hockey and Carl didn't have to work so we were at loose ends. That doesn't usually happen on a Thursday night.

    Now I must move on to today's blog and see what you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete