Yesterday Jessica and I hosted a baby shower for Celine and it was truly an international affair. We had French, German, Chinese, American and Canadian ladies, eight of us in all. Luckily everyone could speak some English and for the ones that had trouble, the others were able to translate. I met three new German women who were all very sweet. We had a lovely time and Celine really appreciated the party.
Just before we started the festivities I got an email from our real estate lady and she said that we wouldn't be able to move from our apartment early. The policy is that unless there are some major problems, people are expected to stick to their lease. It's perfectly understandable and we are okay with it. It's only ten months away and we don't hate the place or anything so it's no big deal.
Today was another busy day. A new expat family arrived in Shenyang this week and we arranged to meet with Angie and her two kids, Madi and Owen. We visited them at their hotel then went on a stroll to show them around the area a little bit. We had a nice lunch at Pizza Hut then got some groceries. After that we took our van and went to Happy Family Department Store. When I was there earlier this week I noticed that they had a new play area similar to Happy City but even bigger. The four kids had a fantastic time playing while Angie and I chatted. Madi is a year older than Nicholas and Owen is just in between my boys. They are sweet kids, Madi has the cutest little girl giggle, and both will go to the same school as Nicholas starting in August. Nicholas and Owen will be in the same class which is nice for both of them. We had a really fun day with our new friends!
After a quick trip to Metro for more frozen blueberries the boys and I came home, ate some supper and had a movie night on the couch. Tim had a work supper tonight and when he got home the boys were wide awake watching the show while I slept. I don't know why they weren't more tired than I was with all the playing they did. Anyway, they are in bed now and sleeping peacefully.
So that was our last two days. I plan to do some biking this weekend and we hope to get together with Jessica and Chris and their boys tomorrow for supper. Who knows what Sunday will bring.
Enjoy your weekend everyone!
An International baby shower, sounds like it was a good time. Your circle of friends is sure expanding and even though some will leave as others arrive, you will have friends all over the world.
ReplyDeleteToo bad you can't move into a new place right now, but as you said ten months is not that far away and the time goes so quickly it will be here before you know it.
How nice for Nick and Owen to be in the same class, they will be great friends by August and it will make going to school a little easier.
Darren received his promotion yesterday, he is now Warrant Officer Weatherbee. He certainly worked hard on his course and I am grateful that they didn't make him wait for six months for his promotion.
We have had a beautiful week weather wise, but it is overcast today and rain is in the forecast. This will be a good day to get back to my rug hooking. I haven't done anything on it for a couple of months. I also have some cleaning up to do downstairs might get to it sometime today.
Our church is having a Flea Market in the hall today, I am staying away....I absolutely do not need anything else in this house!! It is also paper drive day for the Scouts so will have to gather up our newspapers and stop and get Sheryl's and deliver them to the Scouts.
I had better go and get Dad's medication ready for the week, I always do it on Saturday morning and he will be up looking for his pills.
You guys have a great weekend, take care.
Hi Jan, sounds like your baby shower went very well and I'll bet there was lots of yummy food! It's really nice for the boys and you guys to have new friends and great for Nick to have Madi and Owen to go to school with. You have so many neat play areas in China and it's such a great way for the boys to get rid of their extra energy. I went to yoga today for the exact opposite. I need to calm down and relax and I did just that today. It is amazing how much stronger I feel, I think I am beginning to build some muscle which I have never had much of. I went up to Gramp's yesterday and recorded more of his stories. Ellery had written a list for me of all of Gramp's stories that he could remember and I had half of it recorded so yesterday we did the rest. I told Gramp I wanted him to think of more so I could get those recorded. He is so interesting cause he has done so much in his lifetime. 95 years is a long time. Well very soon we will be cruising in Alaska! I have checked the long range forecast and it is supposed to be sunny with a few showers a couple of days so hopefully it is. Must go and find some things to do. Bye for now and enjoy your day!
ReplyDelete