Now that I'm caught up on trip blogs I can go back to the everyday stuff. This week has been a bit of a tough one. The boys are driving me crazy (I know - short trip, right?) with fighting and not listening to anything I say. Yesterday we decided to split them up so Tim took Ryan to Carrefour while Nicholas and I went for a bike ride in the park. It was a nice day and we had a lovely ride to the end of the park. On the way back we stopped for an ice cream and sat under a tree for a long time. Nick chatted and I watched several couples getting their wedding photos done. It's so amusing. They throw dresses on over clothes and one woman was wearing a dress that was too small. The zipper in the back was down and the top was tied together to keep it on. It was pink and really frilly. What a show!
Today we decided we would go for lunch and pick up a few groceries for later in the week. On Thursday Jessica and I are hosting a baby shower for Celine at our house and I'm in charge of the food.
I mentioned a few days ago that we are considering a move and just for kicks we decided to check out a housing compound that is a little farther away from the downtown area. I had been there a few weeks ago to visit a friend and go to the open house for a new school. I really liked the place but we always thought it would be too far away for us. Well, lately we're dying for some outdoor space and barbecue and really we don't go into the downtown a whole lot. Tim was curious to see what it was like so we went for a drive. I wasn't sure they would even let us in the gated community but I told the guard, in Chinese, that we wanted to look at a house. She asked our driver, Ma, if we were there for the birthday party and he just agreed because he didn't know what we were doing there. Whatever, we were in. At the clubhouse I told a couple of ladies that we were interested in possibly moving to Segovia and would like to take a drive around to check things out. While one lady went to find someone who could speak a little more English I asked another if we could see the indoor pool. She took us and I couldn't believe how nice it was. The water was warm, the pool was huge and there were nice lawn chair recliners. After that she showed us the gym and it was great too. By the time we had seen all that they were ready to take us to see a townhouse. They drove us to the place on a long golf cart and showed us a brand new place that was finished but not furnished. While inside one of the ladies asked us if we would be buying a house today. I had tried to explain that we wouldn't be buying it but that the company would rent something for us, but she didn't understand. I hadn't intended on making them think that we were in a position to buy, but I guess it doesn't matter. They were happy to show us and enjoyed the kids. I took some pictures of the three story place. There are five bedrooms, three bathrooms and three or four terraces - the one on the top is huge. And of course - a backyard. There's even a garage that would be great for storing bikes and the wagon. The whole place was dusty and needed a good cleaning but you get the idea.

 |
| Living room and entry |
 |
| Dining Area |
 |
| A Backyard! |
 |
| Main floor bath |
 |
| Master Bathroom |
 |
| Master Bathroom |
 |
| Third Bathroom |
 |
| Top Terrace |
 |
| View to the front |
 |
| View to the back |
If we did end up here it likely wouldn't be brand new but a townhouse that someone else owns and wants to rent out. It's just a thought for now, we still have to talk to our real estate lady. We don't want to leave our landlady without renters so we may have to wait and see if anyone is interested in our place. Whatever, it's nice to think about and for now we aren't miserable here. Segovia reminded us a lot of a place in Florida that we stayed at in December called Terre Verde. It's very non-Chinesey.
After our unexpected tour we went for lunch then to Ole and back home. We took the kids outside for a while this afternoon and again this evening. Nicholas ended up joining his friends, Oliver, Bill and a few others, for a game of soccer. He loved it and I can see him joining the soccer team at school as soon as he's old enough.
Speaking of school, tomorrow we go to Shenyang International School to take Nicholas's application and to meet the kindergarten teacher. He actually seems a little excited about it so I think it will all go well.
I hope you are all having a great long weekend. Looks like most people are having nice weather for it. Enjoy!
Hi Jan, the boys are probably finding it hard to get back to the daily routine. It has been a exciting and busy two weeks for them.
ReplyDeleteThe townhouse looks fabulous, and so much room. Wouldn't it be nice if you could get a brand new one to rent.
Nick will do great in school, he is so sociable and outgoing he will have no trouble making friends and he will know some of the kids. Paige and Kaitlyn both play soccer and they love it, I am sure Nick will as well.
I spent three hours on the golf course with Hayden yesterday it was a beautiful day and I had a good walk.
Today I cleaned out the patio room (it was full), removed all the panels, cleaned them and put them away. Did some laundry and vacuuming and rearranged some things in the sun porch. I am tired tonight and shouldn't have any trouble sleeping.
I am going to help Tracy tomorrow, they have to get things ready to put their new floor down.
The weather have been wonderful, 28 today and is supposed to be nice again tomorrow then rain on Tuesday and Wednesday.
You guys have a great day, and tell Nick to have fun at school.
Take care.
I didn't get to read this blog yesterday. I went to church in the morning then Ellery and I spent the afternoon reading and sunning on my back deck. (He had a snooze!) It was so peaceful and quiet I told him I thought I had died and gone to heaven! The weather was beautiful and we just relaxed. Then we went for a 2 hour walk (9kms) from home around the park and back. We were tired but it was wonderful. We watched a movie last night. It was just a really nice day. I have made a decision that I am no longer working on Sundays. That is even for the winter. I spend so much time on the computer with photos that I really need a down day and Sunday is the day. The townhouse looks really nice. It would be great to have the extra spaces outside and in for you. So glad to hear that Nick is excited about school. He will make so many new friends. It will also give the boys a chance to each do their own thing making it easier for you. Well must go get some house work done. I am doing laundry today and going to try and clean my upstairs bathroom. It really needs it! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteJan, don't get your hopes up on moving to Segovia. We asked when we moved here and agin in March and we have been told over and over that it is not on the Michelin approved housing list. It's WAY too far for the guys to have to drive to work each day. The school does now have a bus that gores there but it can take up to 2 hours for the kids to get home, not the norm but it's happened a few times already. Many people who live there have 2 cars for them to use and we don't have that option either.
ReplyDeleteHave a great summer!