Saturday, before the rain started, since Nick wasn't feeling 100% yet (although he did want breakfast!) I took Ryan and we went for a bike ride in the park. He rode his bike for a few minutes then agreed to get into the wagon so I could pull him. It takes a long time for him to get very far after a few minutes of peddling his little heart out. We had a nice ride, stopping to enjoy the exercise machines and swings along the way. Yes, he is wearing his Angry Bird pajamas outside.
Ryan wanted to stop at the bouncy houses we had gone to before but since they weren't set up we continued on down the road. We soon came across another area, also with two bouncy houses but a trampoline, swings and playground as well. Ryan played for about an hour and had a blast. He even picked up a couple friends.
Along the way we again saw several couples having their wedding/engagement photos done. It's such an interesting thing to watch. One area in particular is really amusing. There are various props set up and the couples all take turns posing on a piano, carriage, at a fake ceremony or on a stage full of lavender.
Saturday night we had Lena babysit for us and went out for supper at Minakami with Sonny and Sue. They had never been and we thought it would be a nice treat for them before they leave for the US. They loved the food and I thoroughly enjoyed my bottle of Great Wall wine.
Sunday we had our landlady visit, again, to look at our bathroom. The 'fix' performed when Mom was here is now failing. Shocking! I know. The same repairman will come on Tuesday to fix it, again.
Sunday afternoon I went out by myself to get our grocery shopping done. I went to Metro, YooHoo and Ole and came home with several bags full. We should be good for a while now.
Today we had planned to stay home, especially since there was a call for more rain and thundershowers. Then Angie said they were looking for something to do so off we went to Happy Family. The kids all had a fantastic time chasing each other around and working up an appetite. We had a late lunch at KFC then said goodbye to our friends and came home. I gave Ryan a shower (with no screaming) and a haircut, with total cooperation from him. It was great!
I can't believe how quickly some days go by. I find Tuesday and my Chinese lesson come around much too fast. Tomorrow the boys have doctor appointments - Ryan for a persistent cough and Nicholas for his school physical. Luckily, it appears that this time there is no blood collection required and we can have it done at Global Doctor. Hopefully we won't have the drama of last year. Since it's a busy day and I will be tired, I cancelled my lesson for tomorrow. For another week I will try, and not succeed, to do a bit of studying.
Glad to hear Nick is on the mend and from the sounds of it no one else was sick.
ReplyDeleteNice for you and Ryan have some time together just the two of you. I can't believe the playgrounds and parks over there, Wish we had similar areas here. The kids would love it!!
I have been helping Chris with Tracy and Steve's floors, we only have about 1/3 of the living room to finish and the quarter round to do. There will be some painting in the dining room as they took down the decorative beams from the ceiling and removed the divider that was there. It sure does look different.
I had the mole removed from my chin on Monday and I am not allowed to swim until after the stitches come out next week. I am missing the swimming but Chris is keeping me busy.
It has been cold and cloudy with some rain this last two days, it is supposed to clear up on Wednesday. Sure hope so.
Must go and get supper started, have a great evening. Hi to the boys, take care.
Hi Jan, I'm getting a chance to read more blog. Ryan is so cute in the photos and is having such a great time. The wedding photos are very interesting and would be really fun for me to watch being taken. The girls look beautiful in their fancy dresses. We are finally getting rested after our trip. It was very busy and we kept going doing something different every day. So nice to have someone make your meals, clean up, make my bed, all with beautiful smiles and friendly faces. Holland America does an amazing job and we both loved every minute of it. Have a great day!
ReplyDelete