It's temporary. Unfortunately, at 5:30 this morning when Ryan decided to get up, I got a text from our driver, Li, telling us that his mother had passed away. We feel awful for him and told him to take as much time as he needs. We now have a another driver for the weekend and Li will be back on Monday.
Ryan and I didn't go too far today until late this afternoon. We left early to go get Nick and did a little shopping. Yesterday when we were getting together with our friends I glanced at Ryan's sneakers and realized that the seams around his toes had completely let go and I could see inside his shoes. We went to the one store in the Carrefour mall that has kids shoes and they only had one pair of decent sneakers. We found a pair that fit but I couldn't convince Ryan to get them. He didn't like them even though they had very decoration and just a little picture of a soccer ball. He wants Lightning McQueen. I could have bought them anyway and tried to make him wear them but it just isn't worth the fight. We will go this weekend to see what we can find elsewhere.
Tonight Nicholas and I went to an open house at his school. We got an ID picture taken together, he showed me different things in his classroom and we made our way up to the fourth floor (no elevators here!) for Power School Training only to find out that they don't do it for the kindergarten students. Basically, it's an online program for monitoring your children's grades. By this time I was feeling pretty lousy from my cold so we decided to skip out a little early. Nick didn't want to leave since he was having a great time playing outside in the dark but I was tired and had had enough.
Nicholas's teacher, Ms Jones, told me that he has been asking for homework pretty much everyday. Tonight, when we were driving home, I told him that when we go on our trip he will get lots of extra homework to bring along. Nick dropped his head into his hands and I asked him what was wrong. His response, "But I want homework now!". I wonder how long this is going to last.
That's about it for today. I need to get to bed soon. This early mornings are a killer!
Jan, it was great to talk to you last night, I really am liking my iPad and I really didn't think I would use it for anything other than reading.
ReplyDeleteRyan knows what he likes, and like you said it would be a battle to get him to wear sneakers that he didn't want on his feet.
They have the same Power School program here, I am not sure if all the schools do, but Redcliff and Bible Hill Jr. High do. Tracy really likes it.
Nick is so cute, most kids wouldn't want homework. I guess he is really anxious to learn and be like the big kids.
I had planned to take the boys to Magic Valley today but Hayden decided he would rather go golfing with Ellery and Kenzie decided he would rather go to the Driving Range. Works for me, I can stay home and get some work done.
Well, here it is lunch time already and I haven't accomplished a darn thing. It is hard to get motivated these days, would rather be doing the fun things.
Must go and get some lunch ready and then take Kenzie to the Driving Range.
You guys have a great day, take care.
Sorry to hear about your driver's mom. It is very sad for him. At least it will be a temporary thing for you and he will be back. I think once Nick gets homework he will realize it isn't so much fun. But you never know maybe he will really love everything about school. Time will tell.
ReplyDeleteIt is another really beautiful day here. Every day we wake up we have sunshine. Bruce Springsteen is performing in Moncton today and what a day for it. Glady and Laura and some friends are attending and Ryan and his friends and I'm sure many many more from here and it will be fantastic. It would be amazing to go to an out door concert.
Ellery golfed in a tournament yesterday and wasn't really impressed with the way he golfed. He had a rather restrictive shirt on and couldn't swing right but he had a good time any how. Stefan and Angie were at a corn boil and Dev and Sam were in Halifax so I had the day to myself. I did a few errands in town and Jerry and I played some. Ellery and I got my ball and soccer photos all put together and given out to them. I went to visit my cousin Bev last night and we went for a walk all around Lexington Drive and saw the million dollar home that's being built there. It is so huge! Saw a few fireworks and then on the way home saw the biggest meteorite I have every seen. It just kept sailing through the air. I could even see the junk of rock. It was awesome. Stefan is going to dig a pit for a bonfire for us tonight so we can sit out and watch for meteors.
Stefan, Angie, Ellery and I watched a movie last night until 1pm and I slept in this morning until 10am. Anyway I guess that is our news.
Oh yes, I have filled another book with photos and memorabilia from our Cruise. That is 2 books now so I have to buy another one. I hope that is it.
Hope you have a great day. Bye for now.