Five full days at school and Nicholas has brought home his first virus. Yesterday he had a runny nose and although today he seems fine, I am not as lucky. This will be a short post since everything from my shoulders up is either burning, swollen or achy.
Nick is still really enjoying school. At night the question is always, "How many more days before I get a day off?" but aside from that I don't hear any complaining from him. It's tricky to get a lot of information about his day when we are all around, but once Ryan has gone to bed he shares a little more. I found out this evening that today he got a turn to be The Weather Kid, which entails going to the window and reporting back to the class what sort of a day it is outside. He's also gotten to be line leader and today won a game in gym class. They had one of those large parachutes and the kids took turns trying to walk across it while the others shook it. He was the only one who was able to make it across without falling down because he is so "big and strong".
Yesterday Ryan and I went grocery shopping and brought along our new neighbors, Liliana and Ethan (I had thought his name was Aiden). They got to see where YooHoo and Ole was and we went to Minakami's for lunch. It was tasty!
Today we got together with a group of ladies to chat while the kids played. There were six of us in total, two new ladies and the regular crew, and nine kids. It was a beautiful day and we all had a nice time relaxing in the sun.
Three times this week I managed to get out for my evening walk in the park and I started listening to The Vinyl Cafe podcasts as a change from my music. The first night was fine with a couple amusing stories that had me smiling as I walked. The second night a letter was read from a woman who, as a child, had been separated from her mother for six years. I already attract a lot of looks when I walk, but a white woman with large headphones sobbing as she strolls through a Chinese park is just over the top. Last night the story was much more lighthearted but it distracted me enough that I missed my turn off and had to detour through the woods to get onto the right path.
Tomorrow night I get to go to Nicholas's school for an open house. They will take photos for ID's and will give Power School training. Don't ask me what that is because I have no idea.
Good news! On Monday, Ryan and his friend, Samuel, will be trying out a kindergarten for half the day. He's keen to go and I hope since there will be two of them he will be comfortable enough to enjoy himself.
Well, that's it for now. Short n' sweet. Have a great day!
Hi Jan, hopefully your cold will not last long. That is one of the joys of having children in school. It seems they are always willing to share the viruses they catch. Nick sounds like he is really enjoying school and you and Ryan are also keeping busy.
ReplyDeleteIt will be interesting to hear what Power School training is but since Nick is so 'big and strong' it will be easy for him!
I don't know if I told you or not that Stefan was accepted at Holland College to Police Academy. He is very pleased. He will start on Jan. 3, 2013. We are really going to miss him! :0( But it is what he wants to do and we want him to be happy.
Verna is up to do some scrap booking with me. We are getting lots done and I have another book filled so I must go to Walmart tomorrow to get another one. Hopefully 3 books will do it. We went to the Ex tonight to watch the smash up derby. Stefan's friend Luke Richards had been working on a car for quite a while now and Stefan has been helping him so we wanted to see how he did. He did very well and by the end of it he had no front wheels but kept on going. Verna came with us and it was quite a cultural experience for her! We also went to look at the antique farm equipment as her family donated one of her Dad's trophy's and a shadow box with goodies in it about her Dad. She had never seen them on display. It was a very good day!
Well really must go to bed now and get some rest for tomorrow's scrap booking session. Have a great day and good luck with the open house. Hope Ryan enjoys his day at kindergarten. Bye for now!
I am a little behind on commenting on your blog, I started to comment Thursday afternoon when Kaitlyn dinged me, she wanted to talk. so I got a little sidetracked.
ReplyDeleteNice of Nick to share his virus with you! Hopefully it won't last too long.
Great that Nick is still enjoying school, it makes life so much easier for both of you.
We didn't do much around here today, Carl had a Doctor appointment this morning and I had a hair appointment after lunch. We went downstairs to clean our pickles out of the old refrigerator, Ellery is getting rid of it. He also moved the filing cabinet so we helped empty some of the folders.
Tracy came over with the boys so they could go swimming, they didn't leave until 10:00, so it was almost bedtime for us.
Must move on to today's blog.