Thursday, April 26, 2012

Green is Good!

Shenyang is turning green!  We've had some sunshine, warmer weather and, yesterday, a pile of rain.  Today was a gorgeous day and when we went out this morning to play I noticed that a lot more leaves had opened.  The workers around Eastern Venice were even planting flowers.  This place looks so different when it's green and full of life.

Tuesday morning I went to an open house for a new English language school that is set to open here in August. Although it sounded promising, after some deliberation we have decided to stick with the international school that Michelin is affiliated with.  There wasn't anything necessarily wrong with the place, just a lot of unknowns and the building isn't ready yet.  We're not even sure we could get the funds for this place since it's not accredited yet.  We don't want to be guinea pigs and will stick with the place that many other Michelin families are very pleased with.

As I already mentioned, it rained a lot yesterday.  Since it was so miserable outside, the house wasn't too messy and ayi rides a motorized bike here, I called and told her not to bother coming.  Then I cleaned the house.  I didn't mean to.  It started with a little vacuuming and escalated from there.  I'm so ashamed.

After the cleaning and while I was making supper I decided we should listen to some music.  We do that every once in a while and the boys really get into it.  Nick loves to drum and wants a real set terribly.








Tomorrow is an exciting day for me.  I get to go out to supper with no kids!  Jessica and I are getting away for the evening while the guys look after the kids.  I think we will go for Japanese, but who knows.  I do know there won't be four bottles of wine this time.  Maybe just two...

So I think that's it for tonight.  As long as the weather is good we are heading to the park tomorrow morning with friends.  I hope it's as nice as it was today.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like spring has arrived in Shenyang!!! It is also coming to Truro, Ellery said he will probably have to mow the lawn this week-end (only if the showers stop).
    Love the pictures of the boys with their cool glasses on. You just might have to start up a band.
    I have been hit with the cleaning bug as well. I cleaned out the chest of drawers in the small bedroom and the closet, I also cleaned out my night stand drawers. I still have lots to do whenever the bug comes calling again.
    Sheryl and I went swimming this morning and then I spent the rest of the morning on the phone with Shaw Direct trying to get the PVR to let me delete the stuff we don't want. Still can't so will just leave it on there.
    Ball Hockey is well underway so the rink is busy again. Well Jan, not much excitement or news around here. Must go and maybe have a small nap. Have a great night out with Jessica. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, I read your blog yesterday but didn't get a chance to write in it so I am doing it now. I am getting the cleaning bug also. And my house really needs it. I would love to have an Ayi but if I did I would have to do major cleaning before I would even let her in my house! After the winter everything gets so far behind and it takes a while to dig myself out of it. I know I am a hoarder and a pack rat and I get emotionally attached to everything but I would still like my hoarding to be neat. We brought Mom home from Halifax today after her last treatment and she is doing well. She is still very tired but glad that it is over. Your pictures are so cute of your budding musicians! Well must go do some more vacuuming. Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete