Today we visited two kindergartens in hopes of finding on for Ryan to attend part time this year. The first wasn't quite what we were looking for. It was in an apartment and not the setting we were looking for at all. The second place was much better. It is called New Bamboo and if I had a rowboat I could be there in about fifteen minutes! It's directly across the river from us inside another housing compound. It's a large place and very clean. We met several people who worked there, including two male teachers from the US.
As Jessica and I sat down to talk to a lady who I believe is the director, Ryan started talking to her. He informed her that Samuel is four and Nicholas is five. She asked how old he was and he held up three fingers. Then he looked over at me and said, "How many years are you, Mommy?". I held up three fingers, then four and said, "three four, thirty-four". He looked over to the lady and said, very seriously, "Mommy's forty-four". I quickly told him, "No honey, not forty-four, thirty-four!" but I don't think he heard me because Jessica was telling him, "That's right, Ryan. And you make sure you tell everyone you see". Bugger!
We had a tour of the classrooms and dining area and afterward we were chatting with the director once more when she asked how we had met, knowing that Jessica is from the US and I'm from Canada. "She stalked me," I quickly replied. Two can play at this game!
Tomorrow we will check out one more place then I just have to figure out what we need to do to have him enrolled. I know that he has to have the physical done (including the dreaded blood test) but hopefully it won't be too much of an ordeal this time. He seems a little more willing to cooperate than Nicholas. If all goes well, he and Samuel should be starting around the same time or perhaps even before Nicholas does in three weeks time.
I must go play Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus with the boys. Have a great day all!
Hi Jan, glad you found a place you are comfortable with for Ryan. Sounds like he is going to have fun being there. I hope his blood work isn't too uncomfortable for him. It will give you some time now for yourself which you really need and with the peace of mind that the boys are happy.
ReplyDeleteThere is not much news here. I did housework yesterday, read a bit and went to the grocery store. I was supposed to do photos for baseball this evening but one of the boys couldn't make it so we are doing the photos next week maybe.
Well must go and get some lunch. Take care and have a great day!
Oh, I guess I misread. You are still not sure about which Kindergarten for Ryan! Silly me. Anyhow hopefully one of the places will work.
ReplyDelete