the rain has gone.
Yes! After a week of yucky air it rained hard yesterday and we couldn't have asked for more perfect weather today. We took advantage, too! This morning we went to WuLiHe Park with Charlee and her family and it was great. The kids bounced and played for a good two hours or more before it was time to go. We enjoyed the shade, fresh air and conversation. Afterward we went to visit Angie, her kids, and Lucy, their new puppy. She is absolutely adorable! I can't remember what breed she is but it's small, fuzzy and cute as a button. After a bit we went outside for the kids to play at a couple playgrounds then came home late in the afternoon. Ryan has just gone to bed and Nicholas will be going soon, once he's done playing soccer outside. They are both exhausted so my plan has worked perfectly.
This weekend was very nice for us. On Saturday, Charlee and I took the boys and went shopping for the last of their school supplies. Nick needed sneakers and it's just not fun trying to find shoes with him. He whines and in uncooperative but I was hoping that with Judah there doing the same thing it would be a little more tolerable. It was! He had to try on quite a few pairs but eventually he found one that fit, he liked and were a reasonable price. We also found socks and a paint shirt and had a very nice lunch at Minakami's. It turned out to be a very successful trip.
On our way back from shopping we picked up our friend Sam who came with us to a barbecue at another expat's home here in Eastern Venice. We had a very nice time eating and chatting with the hosts as well as another couple that I had met once before but never really had a chance to talk to. The kids had a fabulous time, too, and didn't want to leave at ten o'clock when I figured I'd better get them home to bed.
Thanks to the five of you who voted on the dresses. The plan is for Tim and I to go to the fabric market on Saturday so he can get measured for a suit and I can pick out some material for my dress(es). I will take pictures of what I find and see what you think then!
Have a great week everyone!
Glad to hear the weather has improved - nothing get me down more than yuckie weather. Mom has gone to Marg's in Saint John for the week - and asked me to check in on your blog... and respond!! I do read it but not very good at leaving comments!
ReplyDeleteKenzie is off to Lego camp today, Hayden has Mariposa, Stevie is painting at his dad's (on night shift so sleeps til 11'ish and works from 6-4) and I am sitting at the office wishing to high heavens time would fly to 12:30 so I could enjoy this beautiful weather ... not that I have anything specific I'm going to do... just don't want to be sitting at a desk all day!
and that's about all I have to say.... :P
Take care and we'll chat later!!
Hi Jan, we have had another beautiful day here. Glad to hear your weather was better. It is supposed to rain tomorrow which we really need. Everything is so dry.
DeleteI went to Halifax today with Maralee and Payson. Payson broke a bone in his foot and had to see a specialist. He made out great and doesn't need a cast so he was very happy. It will heal on it's own.
I was up to Hilda's with Angie tonight and she got some goodies for the mini home that she and Stefan are moving into. Dev is moving to Halifax so they are going to take his mini home. I took some photos for Keith and Diane of Hilda's bell collection. It is beautiful. She has around 100. I think you collected bells at one time am I right? Anyway they want to put these on Kijiji to try and sell them.
Mom and I are going to Windsor to visit Elaine and Helen tomorrow. It has been a while since we saw them so I am looking forward to the visit. I guess that is about it for now. Must go get ready for bed.
Bye for now!