Friday, July 20, 2012

Frustrations

That's been the last couple of days.  It's the usual, driver issues.  I won't bore you with details but we're sticking it out and we'll see what happens.  So much for my "Relief" post.  I can't wait for vacation!

Aside from that there isn't much to report.  The boys and I didn't go anywhere today or yesterday.  I did teach Nicholas how to play Mille Bornes, a card game we used to play when I was a kid.  He's caught on quickly and enjoys it, as long as he's winning.  It's nice that he's reaching an age where he is able to play a little more grown up games.

The past couple nights I have gone out walking.  It feels good except for the poor air quality, especially tonight.  I am planning on getting another qipao, or traditional Chinese dress, made for our cruise and it would be nice to drop a few pounds before I get measured.  I'm having trouble deciding on a design...perhaps I'll have a poll.  I know I'll get at least two responses!!  Since I don't have much to write about tonight, I will do it now.  Here are the options I have narrowed it down to.  Keep in mind that we are looking only at design for now, not necessarily color.

Dress #1

Dress #2


Dress #3


Dress #4

Dress #5
Dress #6

Dress #7

If I have a lot of trouble choosing I may just have to get a couple made:)

Tomorrow, Nicholas and I will go shopping for the last of his school supplies (hopefully) with Charlee and Judah.  In the evening we are going to a barbecue here in Eastern Venice with some fellow expats.  They have kids who are older than Nicholas but he will be traveling on the bus with them so it will be nice for him to see them again.  It's been a while.

I guess that's it for tonight.  Let me know what you think of the dresses!  Anyone!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are having driver problems. Hopefully you can work things out.

    I like all the dresses so I listed them from love to like: 5,3,2,1,4,6,7. I think they would all look lovely on you. Tracy likes #5 the best.

    Enjoy your shopping trip with Nick and have a great time at your BBQ.

    Sheryl and I went swimming this morning but I haven't done much since I came home. It is cool here today so it would have been a good time to get some things done, guess I am a little lazy.

    Stevie is here to fix my pool stairs and my gate so I had better get to it.

    Have a good weekend, Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Jan I like 5, 6, 2, and 1. We just got home from looking at 5th wheels around Pictou co. after we finished work in Amherst. The cats are now eager to have us sit with them for awhile. so will talk later.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha, I'm the THIRD response!

    I like 3 the best, but I cannot stand to have stuff up around my neck (no turtlenecks here!). They are all beautiful dresses, but #3 is my favorite.

    A BBQ sounds fun. I am hoping that when Matt comes down in 2 weeks, he can hook up a replacement tank for me for the grill. I don't know how to do it (although I'm sure I could find a tutorial on youtube!)...so I'll leave it to him!

    Not much to report from here in GA. I have your visit marked on my calendar though - can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan, my favorite dress is number 6. Most have picked number 5 (they would all look great on you) but I find myself it would pull on my neck and I couldn't stand that. And I know you have neck issues. 6 is much the same except it has the support in the back. Just my opinion for what it is worth! ;0) I also like 1 and 4. They are really cute. I think you should have 2 made. One with sleeves and one without!

    We just got back from the cottage. We went to my cousin Wade's summer party last night by Seafoam. He usually invites around 200 people and gets about 150 attending. It was a beautiful evening. He had a live band from Moncton and lots of great food. We all brought different things. We stayed at the cottage last night, went to Big Al's in Tatamagouche for brunch, then went for a drive around the shore by Pugwash, then to Wentworth for an ice cream and home. It is a beautiful day!

    Well must go and get a few things done. Bye for now. Have fun shopping and at your BBQ and good luck with your dresses!

    ReplyDelete