Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Visiting

That's what we did today.  First we went to see Celine and her new addition.  He is three weeks old now and doing very well.  They moved to Segovia a while ago and shortly after they did we considered moving there as well, mainly for the backyard and pool/gym facilities in the clubhouse.  Recently though, we have rethought this decision.  It's just too far out of the way and with the troubles we seem to have with drivers, it just doesn't seem like a good idea.  We still have our driver and although he hasn't been as angry as he was last week, he still isn't particularly friendly.  I think he simply realizes that he's not going to get from us what he got from his last expats and doesn't want to put forth an effort.  After talking to many friends here about what they do for their drivers, I don't think we have been unreasonable.  Almost everyone we know doesn't give anything extra on a weekly basis, nor do they provide lunches or advance notice if they are going somewhere.  We have just accepted that he will not be friendly but as long as he gets us where we need to go safely (so far he is a good driver in that respect) that we deal with it.  If  he doesn't like us, he can leave.

After Celine's house we went to Jessica's for lunch.  They recently returned from the US so we hadn't seen them for a few weeks and the boys have been asking when we could go.  The kids played while Jess and I chatted and it was very relaxing.  We also set up appointments to check out a few English kindergartens in the next two days.  There are actually four of us who are interested in sending our 3/4 year old kids and are thinking that it would be nice for them to have their friends at the same school.  We are visiting two places tomorrow and another on Friday.  I'll get pictures if I can and let you know how it goes.

We also made a quick trip to YooHoo today and it wasn't a particularly smooth one.  The boys were uncooperative and lost several privileges along the way and I wanted to pull my hair out by their bedtime tonight.  They need some space and time apart.  Three more weeks!  Then Nicholas will be in school and hopefully Ryan will spend a couple days per week playing at his own kindergarten.  I'm sure it will do us all some good.

I guess that's it for now.  Have a great day!




1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear Jan that you are still having problems with your driver. It's been a pain for you since you went to China. It sounds like they are all quite hard to deal with.

    It will be great for Nick to start school and hopefully you will be able get Ryan into Kindergarten. I think they will both enjoy the separation and new friends.

    Mom and I went to Windsor yesterday to visit with Helen and Elaine. We had a wonderful visit. We didn't get home until 9:45 last night. It rained on the way down but cleared off and was fine until we got home. It rained last night again but we need it really badly. Every thing is so dry.

    Stefan did his lie detector test on Monday in PEI...another step closer to going to Holland College. He passed that so now he just has his physical fitness test in Fredericton. Then he will hear whether he has been accepted or not.

    Well must go. Have a great day! Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete