What do they have in common? Absolutely nothing.
I wanted to let all of the "non bloggy types" who are so kind to read my travel blog that you are welcome to leave comments at the bottom of any/all of my little stories. You will need to enter an email address; however, it is never displayed for anyone to see (I hope that was the proper use of a semicolon - hopefully non of my former English teachers are reading this). Actually, I think you could make up an address if you are nervous about using your own. It is nice to hear what people think - as long as it's positive and makes me sound witty and wonderful.
Now for the bowling:
We had intended to take the kids downtown while we were in Toronto to see the CN Tower and have lunch at Gretzky's restaurant. But, when we got here everyone was tired and since the purpose of spending the night here was to get rested up before our long flight, we didn't go. Instead, after some naps we went for a swim at the hotel pool then ventured out to find supper. We walked a couple of blocks and although earlier it appeared that there wouldn't be much for fun around our hotel, it turns out that right next door to us there is a bowling alley and next to that an Irish pub. What could be more fun than that?
We enjoyed a wonderful meal with exceptional staff at Shebeen's Pub then headed to Planet Bowl where the kids took over our lane and burned off some excess energy. Nick had a few strikes and Ryan took an unusual liking to a particular red ball. This almost caused a fight when the little girl in the next lane decided she liked it too but we managed to get through our games without anyone getting hurt then we left for the arcade. Here, Ryan did manage to get hurt when Tim whacked him on the fingers with a puck on the air hockey table. At this point we headed back to the hotel and vegetated until bed time.
As I write this it is 7am and I have been to the gym already and had breakfast. Anyone who knows me will think this odd as I usually don't get up before 8am if I can help it. I wouldn't call it nervous energy, more excitement of everything going on. As long as I don't crash at an inopportune moment, we should all be fine.
Have a great day everyone!
 |
| Fighting over who gets to push the buttons |
 |
| A server found a great coloring set and books. We were able to eat in peace. |
 |
| Kickin it on the dance floor! |
 |
| Smallest shoes they had |
 |
| Showing off the bowling shoes |
 |
| Ryan's red ball |
 |
| Ramp for the kids - worked great! |
 |
| Seconds before the "accident" |
 |
| Speed demon Nick! |
I really enjoy reading your blog, Jan. It makes me feel like I'm there. I look forward to reading more about your adventures. Take care :)
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures, and I agree with Sandy, love sharing your trip thru your blog. Have a good trip
ReplyDeleteAnd you said you couldn't scrapbook! I tried once to send this message but I don't think it went through. This is great fun to read. Great job Jan!
ReplyDelete