Finally last night everyone had a good slumber and slept in until 5:30am. To anyone who knows me, they will think it odd that I would use the words "5:30am" and "slept in" in the same sentence, but for now that is the case. For the most part the sicknesses seem to have subsided, which is great. The only bad thing about the kids getting better is that they have 2.5 days of pent up energy from not leaving the hotel room and this morning, they let it go. I took them to breakfast and they didn't do too bad there but once we got back to the room it was chaos and mayhem. I ended up taking them to they playroom here in the hotel for a bit, hoping that would bring them down a notch. Alas, it was not to be. Tim and our driver picked us up at the hotel and we all went to a government building to apply for the residency permit. The little
brats darlings wouldn't settle down and Ryan left screaming. I'll be surprised if they let us stay in the country. On a happier note, we did get to see our friend, Chloe, again. She came into the office and did all the work while we sat for pictures and tried to keep the kids from destroying the place. It was great to see her and I think she will come visit us at our apartment soon.
Speaking of the apartment, we move in tomorrow morning! We have only been here eight days so I think that may be some kind of a record. We went to check everything out this afternoon and they had put the bars on the windows to keep our little
buggers angels from flying away. I took video this time and will post a link to it when I can get it uploaded. The internet is very slow here, especially at this time of night.
So tonight we are waiting for our food to show up, then putting the kids to
sleep bed, and packing up all our crap. (Have I overused the strikeout button?) Tomorrow morning, after Tim goes to work (he says he HAS to go) the kids and I will say farewell to the Intercontinental Crowne Plaza Hotel and move into our new abode. We are very excited!
Depending on how things go tomorrow, I may or may not be able to post an update. I just wanted to let the worriers out there (Darlene, I'm talking to you) that if I'm not around for a bit, we are doing just fine.
 |
| Full Of It |
 |
| The Devil |
 |
| Terrorizing the Lobby |
 |
| Finally - the playroom! |
 |
| "Help me, Nitti" |
 |
| Interesting car outside our complex |
 |
| Just outside our apartment building! |
 |
| Table the landlady offered to put into our bedroom |
 |
Our New Alarm Clock - in our apartment complex! Yes, those are roosters.
|
Glad to hear everyone is feeling better. Wonderful that you will be able to move into your home so soon. I don't think you have to worry about them letting you stay in the country, sounds like the people in China love little blond haired boys. Will be thinking of you on moving day, take a deep breath and enjoy
ReplyDeleteLove Darlene
Your photos are wonderful Jan. I love your alarm clocks. They will make sure no one sleeps in past 5:30! It's always great when ones children feel better and they have that burst of energy. It's sometimes hard for us to keep up with them. It would be nice if we could let loose like kids do and not worry about what others think. Thanks for the note and photos and have fun getting organized in your new apartment!
ReplyDeleteGood LAWD! Those two are cute!
ReplyDeletewhat a great day :)
ReplyDeletei just created the group
you are welcome to join and to list your blog
search for it on facebook Bib wives
bye