We had hoped to go to the park today but alas, we were doomed again. It has been raining all day and aside from that, Ryan is sick again. This time it is definitely a stomach flu and he and I were up for most of the night. He has never been sick like that before but he handled it quite well, telling me before he threw up each time. This is important as we don't have a dryer and it can take a all day for a load of laundry to dry. I think we will likely get a dryer next month. On the plus side (I guess), we all had a day to rest up, Nicholas a little too much. He has loads of energy tonight.
So since I have spent the day nursing my little boy on the chaise, I don't have a whole lot to write about. Instead, I thought I would take the opportunity to say thanks again to everyone for reading my blog. It makes me feel great to know that so many people are interested in our adventure. But, I am also curious to know a little more about some of the readers. I have had hits from all over the world including Russia, Germany, Hungary, France, Portugal, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Phillipines, South Korea and Brazil. Some of these may be from VPNs, but if any of you out in the blogospere are actually from these places, drop me a note and tell me a little about yourselves. Or if you are in Canada, the US or China and I don't know you, feel free to send a comment or email. That's not to say that those people I do know should stop writing to me. I love all the comments and emails. Of course, they have all been very kind so far.
I am hoping that this week while Tim is at work the kids and I, illness permitting, can check out some other places that might be of interest to us. Mainly we are looking for stores with some familiar foods but who knows what else we might find. We can hardly wait for our shipment of household goods to show up. There is a lot of stuff in there that we could use now and don't want to have to buy when we know it will be here in the next few weeks. Apparently it hasn't even left Canada yet as our residency permits have not been issued. That should happen this coming week then it should only be a few more weeks to get it here and through customs. We will keep our fingers crossed that there are no delays. In the meantime, I'm glad I brought as much children's ibuprofen and tylenol as I did.
I hope you all have, or have had, a pleasant Sunday, wherever you may be.
Zai Jian!
Poor little Ry, kids were super excited to see the boys today via Skype. What a great way for them to stay in touch!!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear Ryan is sick again, hope it won't last long. Your dad was down today and we discovered that we were both copying your blog. He said if I was doing it he won't. Taking Dad to the hockey game at the stadium this afternoon he is getting a little shack wacky.
ReplyDeleteKeep the blogs coming!
Have good day, take care
Hope Ryan is up and bouncing real soon! Ellery is getting Skype installed for us so that I can also chat with you guys. We just have to pick up a mike. Emma and Emma played bells in church this morning they did a great job. It is raining here also today so we are going to do some income tax. Not our favorite thing to do but it must be done. Bye for now.
ReplyDeleteHi everyone. Hope Ryan is feeling better. It is hard to keep a good boy down. |We miss you guys!!!! We just came back from a visit with Owen & Lorraine. Please give us a call by skype tonight.
ReplyDeleteLove
Mom & Dad