Hey all!
It's Saturday morning here now. I missed writing last night because Blogger was down. Yesterday was a pretty slow day until the evening when we went out for supper with some fellow expats again. Anna came over around 3pm and had another roller coaster ride with our driver to pick up Cristina then on to Michelin. We met up with the guys there then went on the restaurant. I'm not sure what the name of this place is but it's right across the street from the Michelin plant. The food is excellent and you wouldn't believe the prices. At most restaurants around here, instead of each ordering a separate meal you order a bunch of different dishes and they place them on a lazy susan in the middle of the table. Everyone just takes what they want and it works really well. You get a lot of variety that way.
We ordered eight dishes including sweet and sour pork, fried rice, dumplings, a steak and pepper dish, chicken with peanut sauce, dumplings, a veggie dish and these bread balls that you dip in icing. We ordered four bottles of pop, had Chinese tea at the table and by the end of it everyone was full. The total? Are you reading for this? Just under $22! That's not per couple, that's for everyone! Six adults and two kids that didn't really eat anything but drank a lot of pop. We love the place and the food but have decided that maybe next time we should get there a little earlier. We went at 5pm and by six the place was getting smoky and loud.
Tim and I have also decided that next time, we won't take the kids. On Sunday we are going to meet another expat family from France. The father works at Michelin and they have four kids, two of which are old enough to babysit! I'm sure our kids will love them and are happy about the idea of not coming to supper with us but staying home and playing with some older kids. I am excited!
Today we are heading back to YooHoo, it will be Tim's first visit, for some groceries then Cristina and Daniel are coming over for supper. It's going to be a busy day. I love it!
So that's about it for now. I will try to write this evening again but we will see how it goes. Have a great weekend everyone!
Hey Jan, missed your blog this morning, it is part of my morning ritual now. Sounds like you guys had a great evening. I am glad to hear that you may be able to round up a baby sitter so you and Tim can get out without the kids. You guys need some time with just adults once in a while and the boys will love having someone older to play with. It will be a treat for all of you. Sheryl and I went to see Ron Hines Thursday night, Carl was sick and couldn't go. It was an enjoyable evening, he is a good entertainer.
ReplyDeleteYou guys have a great week-end.
Glad to have your blog back again Jan, it was lonely without you! That restaurant is amazing. Too bad they didn't have the no smoking laws over there. I suppose they are all used to it but when your not you can even taste it in the food. Ellery and I went to Eric and Jennifer McGill's 25th Anniversary party tonight. It was a surprise and they had no idea until they arrived. It was fun. I had taken their wedding photos so it was nice to be able to do their 25th anniversary photos. Then I had to come home to take care of my grandlizard since he is ready to shed any moment and I had to mist him. Stefan was tending bar at the firehall so he couldn't. Well that's my story. You have a good day and night.
ReplyDelete