Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hockey and Heidi's

It was an early morning today.  Our furry little alarm clock was out yipping up a storm and I think woke Ryan up as well.  I managed to get back to sleep sometime after 7am, about two hours after it started but a very edgy Tim got up with the kids.  When I woke up he went back to bed to try and get some rest.  I called the landlady who is in Singapore, I think (it was kind of hard to hear her), and she said she would get her husband to take care of it.  If he has already tried negotiating then I'm not sure what he will do now, but I hope he does it soon. 

To keep the kids quiet and give Tim a chance to rest we decided to go outside and play.  They wanted to take their hockey sticks, balls and net since they arrived in the shipment yesterday and I think they were going through withdrawl.  At first there was just the two of them then the little boy who played in the dirt with them last week came by and had some sort of a sword or something.  He tried playing hockey with that but it wasn't working so I ran upstairs and grabbed a few more sticks (we brought about fifteen of them).  The boy joined the game, which was attracting quite a crowd, and eventually so did his father.  One little boy who must have been close to two was watching so I gave him a stick too.  He tried to play, with his bum hanging out his split pants, but the bigger kids were a bit too fast for him.  Eventually two older boys joined in then Tim came out with the goalie gear and even more sticks and he played too.  The older the players got the harder and rougher Nick played.  It turned out to be a great international hockey game.    













We ended up having to move the game since there were trucks and people setting up for some sort of an event.  I had to leave to go shopping but when I got home Tim had taken a few pictures.  We still aren't of the reason for the festivities but it looked like everyone was having fun.







I had a nice time shopping although I wished I had more time to look around.  I went to IKEA and Metro and got some bins and other necessities, but I had to be back to the house because we had a babysitter coming.  I was thrilled that Matthieu was going to look after the kids while we went out to dinner.  It is Cristina's birthday today and we were invited to a restaurant named Heidi's which is really popular with expats.  They have poutine and other western dishes and I was tempted but got the steak instead.  Most of that stuff in on the naughty list of my blood type eating plan.  The food was excellent though and after dinner we had a couple of drinks while listening to a really great singer.  He was Chinese but sang English and even Spanish songs.  We can't wait to go back and have supper and just hang out.  It was very relaxing and just what we needed.




Anna and Me

Sorry Dave -  had to post this one! (Tim told me to)





Waitress making my B52.  It involves using a torch and she was a little nervous.

Yummy!  B52's for me and the birthday girl!

Cristina, Daniel and our waitress.  She was fantastic!

Heidi's - Can't wait to go back.

When we got home, the kids were sleeping and according to Mathieu they had fun playing, even using the bouncy house.  So, I think everyone had an enjoyable day, I know I did!  Can't wait to do it again!

   

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you spreading hockey the Canadian tradition. Looks like everyone had lots of fun. Hopefully your dog situation will be remedied soon. Glad you got out on the town for a little fun and relaxation. You all have been working so hard. The photos are really great. Dev is here and we are going to do some more cleaning of the basement. Also getting things together to take to the cottage. I went on skype last night noticed you were on but I figured you were either talking with your Dad and Mom or Darlene. I'll watch for you again sometime. I talked to Verna in Myrtle Beach today. The weather is great and they are just getting settled in. They had a great flight.
    Bye for now, and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Canadian Road Hockey in China! They sure seemed to be enjoying the game. Your First night out without the boys sounds like it was hit. The pictures are great. Mathieu was a hit I am guessing, and a pretty good sitter from the sounds of it. Hayden and I swept the stands and players benches in the rink this am and he went golfing (I walked). We are at Tracy's for supper.
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete