I think the title tells you a lot! Not only are we getting our shipment today at 2:00, Zhang Ayi showed up this morning at 9am!
I was dozing on the couch this morning while the kids watched television, not because the dog woke me up early but because I stayed up late talking on Skype, the kids were awake in the night and Ryan decided to get up at 6am this morning. Anyway, like I said, I was having a rest when I heard a faint knock on the door. I wasn't sure who it might be as I wasn't expecting Ayi (that's what we have been told we can call her) until Friday but sure enough, she was here. A little miscommunication but I'm glad she came today. So far she has cleaned the floors and dusted all the bedrooms and living room, cleaned the bathroms and now she is washing dishes and cleaning up the kitchen. How wonderful! I have done some laundry with lots of help from the kids, made lunch for everyone, helped Ayi move furniture and read a whole bunch of books to Ryan while Nicholas sat and watched the cleaning. He tried to help but I told him to let her be so he kept an eye on her to make sure she did a good job.
Shortly after Ayi got here we got a call from Tim who told us that our shipment would be coming at 2pm. Hooray! Ryan is having a nap now since I think he will be up a little later tonight, helping to unpack his toys. Nicholas is having a difficult time sitting still he is so excited.
Another good thing is that I realized an easier way to communicate with Ayi. I remembered that on Google translate, I can type something in English and not only will it show up in Chinese, I can press the "Listen" button and it will say the words out loud. So the three of us, Ayi, myself, and my laptop had lunch together and managed to actually say some things to each other. She asked me how long we would be here, I'm not sure how I knew what she was saying but I did, and I told her three years. I think then she said she would like to work for us for those three years. I think.
If I have time tonight I will post some pictures but if not I will write something tomorrow. Have a great, hopefully sunny day everyone! He he he!
I'm sorry Jan, that would be me that you were skyping with that kept you up half the night but I was so pleased to be able to talk to you. Ellery came home and I told him I was skyping with you for about 45mins. He looked at the screen and it had been over an hour that I skyped with you. The time went by so fast! Thanks for ringing my bell! So pleased to hear you are getting your "stuff". I'm sure you will all be excited to unwrap, I mean unpack everything! It seems you picked a great Ayi hope she works out well for you. No there is still no sun but we're working on it. There was some last evening so I hope this fog will burn off. Talk to you soon!
ReplyDeleteJan, glad your shipment arrived. I saw on Face Book that it would be arriving today. What a nice surprise to have your cleaning lady come a day early. I bet Nick will be helping her before long. Hayden and I went to the Play at Redcliff last night, Emma is one of the dancers, she also had some speaking lines, they did a great job. Carl and Gramp are going to the grocery store after lunch, needless to say that I am not! I am off off to visit Aunt Viv, I think I will take the Blog Book down for her to read, I will leave it for a few days. Hope you had a great time unpacking. Take Care.
ReplyDelete