Sunday, July 10, 2011

Crankiness Abounds!

Apparently staying up too late did have an affect on our little darlings.  Ryan was awake several times last night with a stomach ache and I ended up sleeping in his bed.  I think I know what it was that he ate that caused his problems but by then it was a little late to do anything about it.  I had a very sore neck and headache, perhaps from the wine, and that resulted in a night full of crazy dreams.  One involved the military and people getting killed but the scariest by far was where I had just taken out a new student loan.  Yikes!

I managed to sleep in until ten, thanks to Tim, and only woke up when he came in to see if we were still going somewhere today.  We had asked Tain Ye to come at eleven so we could go somewhere special today but since Ryan was up at about 6:30 and Nicholas about 7:30, we quickly decided to scrap that idea.  Instead Tim took Nick and they went to YooHoo, Metro and IKEA.  I put Ryan to bed for a nap and was planning to enjoy at least two hours to myself.  Oh Jan, you are so naive.  Ryan slept for a grand total of fifty-five minutes during which all I accomplished was to download a bunch of podcasts.  When he did get up he wasn't feeling the greatest so we sat on the couch and watched Curious George for a while.  I made us some lunch then we did puzzles until Tim and Nick got home.  The four of us together weren't very ambitious so we shut the curtains, got some snacks and watched a movie together.

Once the movie was over it was supper time and the crankiness really started to shine through.  The kids were like pint-sized bipolar bears, running around throwing stuff one minutes then screaming and whining the next.  We got them fed then sent them off to bed early.  Now I am writing my post while Tim waits for me.  We are going to chill, watch some television and chat, likely about how nice a weekend we had and how we still can't believe we are in China.  Walking home in the dark last night was like strolling around a resort in Cuba after a nice meal.  I'm sure it won't feel like that once the cold starts to set in but for now, we can still feel like we are on vacation.  Tonight when I was putting the kids laundry away I noticed that Nick's cupboards smell and sound like those on a cruise ship.  Am I a little sick?  Perhaps.  At least I'm having fun though!

2 comments:

  1. One thing about nightmares....you eventually wake up. Somehow or other the extra naps one day do not help with being up late that same night. Not just with children, I find that it doesn't work for me either. Hope Ryan is feeling better and you all get a good nights sleep. Sometimes a day spent lazing and watching movies restores your energy. Glad to hear that you are having fun. I am sure it does still feel like you are on vacation, I think it is wonderful, winter will be here soon enough, and then you will just have to think of winter vacation things to do. Am sure there are many things going on in the winter that we do not experience here.
    I went up to the trailer to get my things, Ellery is just finishing up the floor in the living room and the floors will be all done. He hopes Trish can move in by the first of next week.
    I am going to Hayden's ball game this afternoon, Kenzie and Carl are holding down the fort here.
    You guys have a great day. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we all can get a little cranky when we loose our sleep. I really need 7 or 8 hours each night or I do not feel good the next day. Things went well in church today. I sang in a quartet and really enjoyed it. Devin and Ellery are finishing Dev's baseboard then his mini home is finished. Stefan was on call with the fire brigade all weekend so he worked around the hall. He and Angie had a nice trip to Maine. He was very tired when he got home since he didn't sleep well down there. I was weeding my garden this afternoon and I think I might go up to Aunt Darlene's for a swim. Just a nice quiet day here, sunny and beautiful. Liz should be almost to Australia by now. She was in L.A. last night and it is a 13 hour flight from L.A. to Sydney. Well have a fun Monday. Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete