I've been putting off writing my blog tonight. I'm a little lazy and very little actually happened today that was worth writing about. I was going to take the boys to Happy City but shortly after my massage was done it started to rain and it rained hard. Thunder and lightning was around us for most of the afternoon. The only thing we saw that was remotely interesting was a guy who got caught in the rain outside our window. He was dressed in gold satin pajamas and wearing florescent green sneakers. Quite the fashion statement. He stopped under the gazebo to escape the downpour, talked on his cellphone and danced around with his hands occasionally going down his pants. It was a real show!
Aside from that excitement we had lots of people here today. Ayi, Lena then this afternoon Celine and Caroline stopped by for a visit. We chatted and the boys acted like monkeys until finally we decided to go outside so they could play in the puddles. There were lots of them since they have virtually no drainage here. After that we came in and I made supper while the boys had baths (again!). Tim ended up working late then going out for supper with Sam so we watched Free Willy for the hundredth time and I put the boys to bed. Now Tim's home, I'm having a milkshake and we are going to watch some television. I think that's all I've got for now. I know, I know, pretty boring! I guess we can't have everyday filled with excitement in the fairy tale world of China.
Oh, I did find out that it was at least 31 degrees here yesterday, without factoring in the humidity (which I would if I knew it). No wonder I was panting and almost passing out from heat exhaustion by the time I was done dragging that wagon around. That'll learn me!
Jan, I always like to hear from you, even if you think it is boring, it certainly isn't to those of us who read your blog everyday. The day we had the downpour Dad said "Jan used to come down and sit on the edge of the walkway and let the boys play in the puddles in the rink parking lot", I think he misses seeing you guys. I told your mother I was missing you and the boys, I will be glad to see you in November.
ReplyDeleteIt was 31 here as well yesterday without the humidity factor. I didn't do much! Got my new Kobo so I did do some reading. Emma and Hayden were in swimming, Angie and her two cousins (here from Maine for 2 weeks) came down and swam for an hour, Shawn and Lisa showed up for a swim, Tricia, Jayson, Emma and Brayden swam for a bit, then Hayden, Emma and Kenzie swam until 9:30. The pool was well used yesterday, as it will be again today I am sure.
This morning the boys and I did the rink - picked up garbage, bottles and I did some sweeping. I cleaned Gramp's garbage bin and potato bin for him, made white sauce for his salmon and did some laundry. I think I am done for this afternoon. Stevie came and picked up the boys so it is very quiet here right now. They went to Grampy Jakes to mow, will be back for a swim after they are done. Hayden's team won last night, so they play again tonight. If they win tonight they play again Thursday night, I think that will be the end for them. Must go and get some lunch, you guys have a great day. Bye for now.
You are far from boring.But nice quiet days are needed to compare the real busy,and crazy days too!!!.Faxed your info a few minutes ago,and now I have a plan and speck book to go over .I will be starting a job in Milford on Monday.Have a good sleep and we will talk to you guys soon . Love Dad!!!
ReplyDeleteJan, we had another busy day yesterday so I am very late reading your blog. Playing in the puddles is so much fun. My boys used to love it! Verna and I went to our cottage yesterday and got some much needed window cleaning done. The flies were really piled up. Ellery, Randy and Roger went golfing. But it really looks nice at the cottage now. We are staying this weekend. Wade and Donna are having a party over there and we are going so it will be fun to do something different. We wanted to get for a walk on the beach but that didn't happen. Donna had some curtains for me so we dropped in to visit them and then it was time to come home. Ellery and Dev have gone golfing today. I hope it doesn't get too warm for them. It's supposed to feel like 34 but the sun isn't out yet. Well I really look forward to reading your blog Jan and like to fill you in on our days here too. Bye for now!
ReplyDelete