Today was the first time I went shopping for clothes since coming to China. Since Tim and I are actually going out to places that I feel the need to wear something more than a t-shirt, shorts and sandals, I thought it's time that I invest in a few items that look a little nicer. Also, I haven't bought anything new since I lost a fair bit of weight so I felt that I could go shopping and not be depressed by what I saw in the mirror.
I ended up making two excursions trying to find some new clothes and both were an experience, good and bad all at the same time. It is too late for me to get into details tonight, I will have to write about it tomorrow before I head on out my third shopping trip in two days - the search for shoes. We have a barbecue to go to this weekend and I'm trying to get an entire ensemble together. We will see how that goes!
Before I forget to post this I must tell you about my visit to YooHoo yesterday. Since we got here we, and many other expats, have been searching for pancake mix. So far it's been impossible to find but Sue told us this week that after many unsuccessful attempts, she had finally made a good batch of pancakes using self-rising flour. I decided to get some so Tim could cook up a batch for the kids this weekend and I actually remembered to look for maple syrup on the same trip. I came across it and saw this sign:
I was a little put off by this and decided to find out if the Chinese writing was correct so I took this picture and showed Tian Ye. He said that it does say 'Canada' in Chinese letters so at least that part is right. I thought about telling someone who worked there but I'm sure it would have been a hassle coupled with a burden and I didn't have the energy to deal with that. If it's still there next time I will think about it.
So, I am off to bed. All that shopping has tired me out. Goodnight everyone!
Well when you get your new ensemble together I hope you will post a photo of yourself in your new finery. I will be anxious to hear of your shopping trip and how you make out with the Maple Syrup situation. I got some housework done this morning and made Stefan a cherry pie. Gordon McCabe had picked them off of his cherry tree and gave them to Stefan. The pie turned out pretty good but sour even though a used a ton of sugar. It was very juicy. Stefan liked it. Then this afternoon I helped Grammie move some more boxes, bags, baskets, clothes all kinds of things. We don't have much left but her furniture so she will be all moved in this weekend. Dev is doing his podcast in Halifax and Stefan is out on his tractor with Colton. Well I guess that is all the news for now. Hope you have another good shopping trip finding lots of goodies. Bye for now!
ReplyDeleteGood morning Jan, I am a little late getting to comment on your blog, Hayden and Emma were here most of the day playing school and they had the batteries out of my keyboard and were using it in the principals office.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you got shopping, will be expecting some pictures when you get it all together. Maple Syrup, yummy!! I have it on my oatmeal in the winter. Maybe your sign is an indication that the maple syrup came to China via Indonesia, if not perhaps you should let them know that something is out of wack.
Carl and I went out to Shawn's for supper Wednesday night, we had a great meal, BBQ chicken, new veggies beets and beet greens, and blueberry grunt for dessert. We sat out on the veranda after supper and chatted, it was a nice evening.
Thursday night we went to Tracy and Steve's for supper, we had potato scallop and ham (cooked according to your recipe) it was delicious. I am afraid we are getting spoiled, lately it seems that we are either at Tracy's for a meal or Stevie is here doing the cooking.
We are off the PEI tomorrow, will be back some time Sunday, probably around supper time or shortly thereafter. It is supposed to be nice for the weekend. We have a three bedroom cottage at Shining Waters which is close to everything that we are going to do. It has air conditioning which is important for Carl and a pool which is important to the boys. As long as there is a couple of comfortable spots to sit and read, Tracy and I will be happy.
Well Jan my washer just stopped so I must get going and get a few things done. Have a great time shopping, hope you are able to find those shoes, will talk to you when I get back home. Take care.
Can't wait to go on some shopping adventures with you!!!
ReplyDelete