Today I had a couple of rambunctious boys and it wasn't a good outside day. Ayi came this morning and Nick was pretending he was a spy or knight or something and he was hiding from her and drawing his 'sword', a small paint brush at her. He ended up hitting me with it and, of course, monkey see, monkey do. Ryan decided to hit Ayi on the back with a hockey stick. I didn't see him do it but Nick came and tattled to me so I sent Ryan to his room for a while then made him apologize to her. Things didn't get much better until Lena showed up and I gave the boys their iPods so I could have some quiet for my massage. With the exception of Ryan coming in the room a few times the boys behaved themselves quite well for the hour.
Today I planned on either taking the kids swimming or going to Carrefour to get groceries and let Nick and Ryan play at Happy City. They said they didn't want to do either and by lunch time Ryan was downright cranky. I put him to bed then Nicholas and I sat and read books on the chaise for a while. That always makes me sleepy so I had to doze off for a while. Nick played and watched some television and when Ryan woke up he came out and crawled up on me. Again I dozed off and when I woke up I realized he was sound asleep on me. I guess he had gotten up too early.
For the rest of the afternoon, what was left of it, we got out a science kit I had purchased online just before we left for China. It's called Stepping Into Science and contains enough supplies to do twenty-five experiments. We did a few different ones today including the baking powder/vinegar mixture that you use to blow up a balloon. I had to modify it slight because what they provided was inadequate and by the time I got it to work the boys had lost interest in that one. They were playing with bottles and cups in the sink. Anyway, it turned out to be a pretty neat little kit. We will do some more experiments another day.
When we were done with that Celine called and wanted to know if we were going outside. Since none of us had even bothered to get dressed and my hair was pretty oily from my massage, I invited her to come over here instead. She and Caroline came and stayed for about a half hour. We had a nice chat and decided to go to Ole together tomorrow.
When Tim got home not long after he brought with him the paperwork from the kids' blood tests and physicals. You know what that means! They can now go to the kindergarten. Well, as long as the place accepts paperwork with errors. Ryan's name is on his paper but Nicholas's says 'CanadianPCan". I guess the woman didn't know what line on his passport was his name. I hope it will be okay because I plan to take them tomorrow morning so I can go shopping with Celine then to the gym and pool at New World Garden, very near to the kindergarten. I will pick the kids up before they send them for a nap at 12:00. Keep your fingers crossed that the paperwork is good and the kids are happy to go. It would make for a really, really great day!
I guess that's it for now. We have to get these turkeys to bed which is likely going to be a challenge. Bye all!
We will keep our fingers crossed for you and for the boys that the paperwork will be accepted. I'm sure they have some of your sense of adventure in them by now and will enjoy this new school adventure. It will be different for them after spending so much time with you but they will have so many stories to tell you when they get home each day! And it will be so good for you Jan to have some 'me' time. You deserve it! You are so good to your boys! Darlene and I did more painting and cleaning today at Tricia's mini home. It smells so good now and is looking wonderful. It is a beautiful day here today and I think I might go for a swim after lunch. Well all the best with tomorrow! Bye for now!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck today Jan, I thing the boys are going to love their school, especially the playground. You will certainly find it different, having some time to yourself, and I think the boys will have a great time mixing with the kids. It is good that they don't have to go all day every day, great way to break them in.
ReplyDeleteThe temperature was up to 33 this afternoon, very warm, but I can't complain it was too long in coming.
Sheryl and I started out to the trailer, decided to go to Devin's to see their flower garden, stopped on the way down and talked to your mother. I told Carl we were roaming the neighborhood. We did finally make it to the trailer and got all the cupboard doors & drawers washed, put new hinges on all the kitchen cupboard doors and finished up a little bit of painting. We are going back up tonight to help Ellery put the shelves in the cupboards and put the doors on. El, still has quite a bit of work to do, Stefie will be home tonight so he will have him to help with the floors and trim when the time comes.
Must go and get some supper, have a great day! Take care.