Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sonny and Cher

Well, actually her name is Sue.  Sonny is a coworker of Tim's from South Carolina.  He and Sue moved to Shenyang about a month ago and ended up choosing an apartment in Eastern Venice.  Tonight they came over for supper and we had a great time.  They arrived just after four and within five minutes both Nicholas and Ryan were all over Sonny.  They couldn't get enough of him.  He is a grandfather and I think he reminded them of someone.  A tall man with not much hair on top:



I cooked supper, with help from Sue and the tips I learned from Ping last weekend, and it turned out really well.  We had sweet and sour chicken, beef and broccoli, noodles, egg fried rice and stir-fry veggies.  For dessert Tim and Nicholas made an apple crisp with cookies 'n cream ice cream.  It was delicious and I was even able to eat the crisp because they made it with rice flour.  We had a lot of fun with Sue and Sonny as they are really nice people who are easy to talk to.  They are also great with kids and I'm thinking that maybe Nicholas and Ryan can be their surrogate grandchildren while they are here:)  Too bad that will only be for about a year.

This morning I had my fabulous massage and even managed to get a nap in with Ryan while Tim and Nicholas walked up to Carrefour.  It was a great day and very relaxing.  Tomorrow I am off to Wu'ai in search of some hair cutting scissors and clippers.  All the boys here need a haircut and I have been volunteered to do it.  We will see if I get fired after the first cut!

2 comments:

  1. Jan your China clan is growing by leaps and bounds. Actually at a quick glimpse Sonny looks like your dad. You guys are very busy and you sound very happy, which is good to hear. Nick looks like he is enjoying Sonny and Sue. I will have to get you to email me some of your recipes, they sound delicious and I am tired of the same old things. It would be nice to try something different.
    It is sunny here again today, the temperatures are very nice. I did some more sweeping in the rink, Sheryl and I painted trim this morning, we are going to Tricia's trailer to start painting the walls after lunch.
    Tracy and Stevie are going over to Brule to Lynn and Chuck's cottage this this afternoon, they will be home sometime tonight. Kenzie didn't want to go so he is coming over and staying the night, they are not near the water and there isn't much for a little guy to do over there. He still isn't feeling top notch and I think he is missing Hayden. This is the first time Hayden has been gone any longer than a couple of days.
    Our pool temperature is up to 80 this morning, should be up around 83-84 by supper time. Might even be warm enough for me to swim. Carl and Gramp went to the park this morning for a walk. Gramp is feeling a little better and his voice is coming back, sure was quiet around here for a few days.
    Must go and have a little read before I go painting, you guys have a great day. Hi to Tim, hugs and kisses for Nick and Ryan. love you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual your food sounds delicious! I think I will go to Darlene's when she makes your recipes. I'm not a fan of making new things myself. I have boys that have very fussy tastes and I don't. Sounds like you really had a great day! Seems you are entertaining much more over in China than you did here. The boys had a great time with Sonny and Sue. The photo is really cute. Dev and Ellery went to Halifax to pick up Dev's bed. He can then move into his place. They put the baseboard heaters in this morning and they can bring the stove up and put the fridge back. It looks really great. I am presently waiting for a call from Dev as I don't have the key for Tricia's mini home. I called down to Dev to see if Ellery knows where it is. Darlene is waiting for me to go back up but I have to wait for the word. Stefan and Angie have 4 more days and they will be home. Well I must go and try Dev again. Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete