Sunday, July 31, 2011

July Is Over!

Yesterday we went to Celine's barbecue and as I mentioned last night, I was told I looked like a princess.  Here's my royal outfit that so many of you have been dying to see:


I really like the skirt and shoes, the top is okay but too hot for this time of year and I think it makes me look a little 'wider' than I am now.  

Today we decided to head out as a family and do something interesting.  We considered bowling but I think we will save that for a weekday when I want to do something with the kids.  Since Tim hadn't been to Wu'ai Market yet he decided that today was the day he would finally get to experience it.  Sunday is a busy day there but we had a pretty good time exploring.  Ryan was really tired and, although it doesn't look it in the pictures, somewhat cranky.






The parking garages are the cleanest areas in the city.


One building of the Wu'ai Market.  We saw three today.



A lot of stuff to look at.  Most of it cheap knock-offs.




Ryan and I in Wu'ai.  This is one of my new tops.

So many floors of just stuff.






Cool fountains

So Chinesey






This is a 'wedding' store.  You can rent this stuff if your eyes can handle it.







After Wu'ai we decided to go to the Rich Gate Mall for Subway and YooHoo.  The boys went for lunch while I shopped for groceries and, are you ready for this, found pancake mix!  Several people have been looking for it and finally YooHoo had some.  Yesterday Tim tried making pancakes with self-rising flour but they didn't turn out so great.  I bought two boxes of the mix so he shouldn't have that problem again.  

Ryan didn't mind the pancakes but...

...Nick said they "weren't that great".

I also found these little gems at YooHoo, although I didn't buy any:

Pig Snouts - In case you couldn't tell!




I believe these are chicken feet, but I'm not positive.

When we got home from our shopping trip Tim took the boys outside to play for a while.  I did dishes and watched them as they were right outside our kitchen window.  Ryan has taken a shine to baseball and likes trying to hit the ball.  We looked for a bat at Wu'ai but couldn't find one so he will have to continue using a bowling pin.









So, that was our weekend.  It was a nice one and now July is over :-) Bring on August!


5 comments:

  1. Hi guys and Princess Jan, Tim, you are missing almost half of yourself! You look great. did you meet interesting people at Celine's party? Any new kids that might speek english? I think the sun is going to shine today so we are heading to the beech and geocashing with Brett if he has nothing else to do. Andy and Dale met the new home owners yesterday and they are delightful people. Owen and I already knew that. I hope they do some exploring around sunny Truro today and get a good idea where things are situated. It must be awful coming to a new country on your own and not knowing anyone. Talk to you later Love Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan you do look like a princess! I love the outfit especially the sandals as shoes are my weakness. I can't have too many pairs. Thanks for sharing that photo. The photos are great as usual. Everything is so different in China, even your shopping is an experience and an adventure. The shops are so unusual. I guess Canada and the States are so much alike that when you go to any other country everything changes. But that is the fun of it! Your boys look like they had fun playing bowling pin base ball! Ryan and Nick really look like they are getting so much taller. The pancakes look good to me too but then I am a poor judge because I like just about any food involved with sugar. Not that I eat it but I really like it. Ellery is out cutting down my willow trees in the backyard now because we are putting up our shed as I said before. It rained really hard yesterday just after we moved Grammie so we couldn't do much outside work. But today is the day. It will probably take a couple of days before it is finished. I am glad you had a nice weekend and I'm sure August will have some wonderful surprises and adventures for you! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh one more thing. The cute little top you have on while you were shopping at the market would look really nice with your new skirt. But I'm sure you already know that! Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Jan, I can see why Ryan thought you looked like a princess. Love the outfit, and also like the new top you wore to the market. The pictures are great as usual. The market looks like an interesting place to shop and so large. The boys look like they are having a great time playing ball with Tim. I had a little giggle when I read your mother's comment, I guess you guys know what it is like to move to a new country and not know anybody. She and your dad said the couple buying Andy and Dale's place were really a nice and they were really excited to be coming to this area to live. I think they will love it.
    We got home from PEI around 7:00, I got everything put away and did a load of laundry and just set down to read your blog when Tricia, Emma, Brayden and Angie came in for a visit, then Jayson got home from work so he visited as well.
    We had a great weekend and although it rained off and on on Saturday it wasn't cold and Tracy Stevie and the boys were still able to do the beach and the boys got in a couple of two on two basketball games.
    Today was beautiful so we went up to the Mini Golf and to the boardwalk and then on to Burlington after lunch. We left for home around 3:30.
    I am going to try and do another load of laundry and then it is off to bed.
    Have a great day, and lets hope that August will bring a little cooler temperatures for you.
    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yes, wanted to tell you I left a comment on Saturday's blog as well. Also wanted to know how the BBQ at Celine's went. Hope you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete